It was a pleasure to host Vanessa Harvey (Milbank), Russ Hill (Squire Patton Boggs), Andrew Pannel (MJ Hudson), Emma-Louise Curley (MJ Hudson) and Justin Edgar (DWF) on our table at the coveted 22nd Annual Legal Business Awards this year, which took place on the 28th March, in the Grosvenor House Hotel.
It was a fantastic evening, hosted by comedian Meeral Syal, celebrating the achievements of the legal profession’s finest. The awards catered to and highlighted the work of international firms operating in multiple jurisdictions, boutique law firms, alternative legal services providers, in-house teams, chambers, national and regional practices in the UK.
A huge congratulations to all the winners, as well as all the nominees - for being recognised for their efforts in pioneering and spearheading the significance of the legal sector and profession.
Pro-Legal were honoured to sponsor the Boutique Firm of the Year Award, a category that highlights some of the firms doing things differently in the market. A huge congratulations to all those nominated for the award as to reach that stage takes a great deal of work and effort. Cook, Young & Keidan came highly commended by the judges, however, it was sports-focused firm, Northridge Law, that took home the title along with our sincere congratulations.
You’ll find some pictures of the evening HERE >>.
Thanks LBA, we will see you next year!
- Boutique Law Firm of the Year - Northridge Law
- Chambers of the Year - 3 Verulam Buildings
- Commercial Litigation Team of the Year - Simmons & Simmons/Travers Smith
- Competition Team of the Year - Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom
- Corporate Team of the Year - Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher
- CSR Programme of the Year - Hogan Lovells
- Energy/Infrastructure Team of the Year - Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner/Heathrow Airport/Pinsent Masons
- Finance Team of the Year - Davis Polk & Wardwell
- GC of the Year - Lucy Vernall
- In-House Team of the Year - Network Rail
- Insurance Team of the Year - Herbert Smith Freehills
- International Arbitration Team of the Year - King & Spalding
- International Firm of the Year - A&L Goodbody
- Law Firm of the Year - Pinsent Masons
- Lawyer of the Year - Richard Miskella
- Legal Technology Team of the Year - Bird & Bird
- Management Partner of the Year - Nick Thomas
- Private Client Team of the Year - Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner
- Private Equity Team of the Year - Kirkland & Ellis
- Real Estate Team of the Year - Clifford Chance/Eversheds Sutherland/Network Rail
- Regional/Offshore Firm of the Year - Ogier
- Restructuring Team of the Year - Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer
- Rising Star In-House Counsel of the Year - Frances Coats
- TMT Team of the Year - Bird & Bird
- US Law Firm of the Year - White & Case