£60000.00 - £70000.00 per annum + bonus
26 days ago
21 October 2021
I am currently supporting one of the UK's largest and longest established pension funds to find a first class Asset Manager to join initially on 12-18 months FTC with huge potential to turn into permanent opportunity.
- Supporting the Senior Investment Manager and Lead portfolio manager in their role including: day to day responsibility for management and relationships with investment partners; and agreeing strategic direction of investment parameters and priorities with the Head of Real Assets.
- Initially to focus on real estate related investments (e.g. Long-lease commercial assets, Ground Rents, Lifetime Mortgages, and Social Housing), but to expand expertise to other areas over time.
- Lead role expected for real estate investments and assisting other team members for other asset classes.
- Lead (and assist in, where applicable) the quantitative and qualitative due diligence on prospective investments (funds, co-investments and direct investments) and monitor current investments.
- Prepare investment summaries and recommendations for presentation
- Prepare a detailed project plan for analysing, making, and overseeing investments, in conjunction with the portfolio managers, Business Assurance Team, other internal teams and external partners.
- Assist in the design, production and maintenance of investment models and portfolio analysis models.
- Perform various tasks related to producing reporting, monitoring investments, market research, deal log and internal requests. This includes assisting in the development of portfolio monitoring tools and other solutions to improve workflow.
- Contribute to wider strategy and investment ideas (including growth assets) and firm-wide investment debate.
- Work collaboratively with other functions namely Risk, Compliance, Operations, Investment Accounts, Business Assurance and Legal departments as required.
Personality and Interpersonal Skills
- Ability to structure and cope with at times intensive workloads
- A worthy team player, dedicated to contributing toward the outcome desired by the team
- High degree of emotional intelligence to effectively deal with increasingly diverse clients, teams, workloads and international jurisdictions
- Confidence and maturity to work with international senior executives
- Self-starter with enthusiasm for and demonstrable keen interest in investment analysis.
- Effective research and analytical skills.
- Attention to detail and skilled in handling multiple complex projects simultaneously.
- Good numerical and analytical skills, including computing skills such as Excel.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Confident in dealing and building relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Existing relationships with market participants preferred.
- Ability to deliver to deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Broad knowledge of multiple private markets asset classes (including real estate) and macro-economics, with a genuine interest to grow and expand that knowledge base.
- Credible valuation and modelling skills preferred.
- Knowledge of data providers such as Bloomberg and Datastream.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Strong understanding and experience with real estate and logistics.
- Asset Management experience is ideally sought but numerical and strategic agency surveyors specialising in this sector would be considered. Expected level- 2 years post-qualified.
- Strong numeracy skills- able to analyse and justify business cases in Excel.
- Personable and confident when dealing with agents with strong negotiation skills on lettings- essential.
- Professional qualification preferred or willingness to study towards such qualification e.g. CFA, CAIA, IMC,
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring representation of people from all backgrounds regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply and would encourage you to let us know if there are steps, we can take to ensure that your recruitment process enables you to present yourself in a way that makes you comfortable.
If you know anyone looking for a new role, your referral could earn you £250 Click here for more information
The Pro-Recruitment Group consists of five distinct brands: Pro-Tax, Pro-Legal, Pro-Finance, Pro-HR and Pro-Marketing. If you or anyone you know is looking to join our growing recruitment team, speak to us today. £250 is on offer for any referrals we successfully hire.