Up to £67500.00 per annum
about 2 months ago
Assistant Case Examiner - Enforcement
- Are you a ICAEW qualified Accountant with recent experience withing audit or financial reporting?
- Do you have a good understanding of the audit, accounting, and actuarial regulatory environment.?
- Do you have investigation or forensic accounting experience (desirable)
If so, a regular may be interested in speaking with you. The role involves the day-to-day management of enquiries and assisting the Head of Case Examinations and Enquiries in making determinations under the applicable enforcement procedure(s). Enquiries range from urgent highly complex and high-profile matters of major public interest to dealing with smaller ad hoc complaints.
Particular responsibilities of the role include:
- The end-to-end management of complex enquiries with minimal supervision in accordance with the team's policies and procedures. This includes:
- Preparing requests for information from relevant sources;
- Analysing the information received to determine appropriate outcomes;
- Drafting papers for referral to the Conduct Committee;
- Responding to complainants.
- Compiling regular and ad hoc management information.
- Building and maintaining relationships as well as sharing information (where appropriate)
- Liaison with the relevant internal as well as external stakeholders such as regulatory/law enforcement bodies
- Supporting and deputising for the Head of Case Examinations and Enquiries as required
- Assisting with Enforcement Division project activities as required The Person:
The successful candidate will be someone with a relevant post-graduate professional qualification (preferably with the ICAEW), recent experience of financial reporting or audit and a good knowledge and understanding of the audit, accounting, and actuarial regulatory environment.
- Investigation or forensic accounting experience is desirable but not essential.
- Strong intellect and good judgement
- Strong influencing skills (particularly in relation to complex technical matters)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including experience of drafting complex, formal reporting materials
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to process information to determine its relevance and make sound recommendations
- Experience of organisational change and the ability to adapt in the face of a changing regulatory and procedural landscape;
- Excellent stakeholder management skills.
This is an exciting time to join this organisation as they transform into a new body. Return to the office will allow 50% working from home and this body really promote a healthy work/life balance. A wide range of flexi benefits are on offer as well as a diverse and inclusive "family feel" culture
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring representation of people from all backgrounds regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply and would encourage you to let us know if there are steps, we can take to ensure that your recruitment process enables you to present yourself in a way that makes you comfortable.
If you know anyone looking for a new role, your referral could earn you £250 Click here for more information
The Pro-Recruitment Group consists of five distinct brands: Pro-Tax, Pro-Legal, Pro-Finance, Pro-HR and Pro-Marketing. If you or anyone you know is looking to join our growing recruitment team, speak to us today. £250 is on offer for any referrals we successfully hire.