£70000.00 - £77400.00 per annum
20 days ago
27 October 2021
Assistant Director of Finance: £70,000 - £77,500 + benefits: SE London (6 Month Contract)
For a University in Southeast London, we are recruiting an Assistant Director of Finance for a 7-month contract. Reporting to the CFO, this pivotal role will support and advise senior leaders across the University in the planning and delivery of their management accounts and finance objectives. This role will lead the continued integration of newer members of Finance moving across from the organisation during a high-profile change process. The Assistant Director of Finance will develop business partnering to enhance service delivery to create value, improve productivity and underpin the future-state operating model. This role will suit a natural leader with a strong track-record in leading management accounting and business partnering teams.
- Lead, develop and inspire new Finance Business Partnering Team to deliver best-in-class support to internal stakeholders
- Lead the FP&A team to provide focused, and analytical performance insight to challenge decision-making
- Lead and oversee the development of a new costing model
- Manage the annual budget and 5-year plan and re-forecasting process
- Manage a team including the Head of Management Accounts, FP&A Accountant and Faculty Business Partners
- Support the Leadership Team with financial information and reporting
- Lead the preparation of the annual budget and medium-term financial forecasts for the University and subsidiaries including CAPEX, cash forecasting, narrative and reports
- Support Faculties and Directorate in the preparation of 3-5-year plans
- Implement business partnering to enhance service delivery, optimise finance work processes to create value, improve productivity and underpin the Finance operating model
- Proven experience of leading management accounting and business partnering teams across multiple locations
- Track record of providing financial leadership to Executives
- Experience of working within the University or Higher Education sector would be desirable
- Experience of leading and influencing through transformation and change is essential
- Experience of setting up and embedding new departments / functions
- Gravitas and leadership qualities
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring representation of people from all backgrounds regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply and would encourage you to let us know if there are steps, we can take to ensure that your recruitment process enables you to present yourself in a way that makes you comfortable.
If you know anyone looking for a new role, your referral could earn you £250 Click here for more information
The Pro-Recruitment Group consists of five distinct brands: Pro-Tax, Pro-Legal, Pro-Finance, Pro-HR and Pro-Marketing. If you or anyone you know is looking to join our growing recruitment team, speak to us today. £250 is on offer for any referrals we successfully hire.