Up to £150 per day
12 days ago
06 February 2022
Assistant Financial Accountant
- Hybrid - London and Home based - one day a week in the office
- £150 a day
A charity based near Victoria in London are seeking an Assistant Financial Accountant, who will be responsible for managing the charity's financial ledgers, including income, payables, cash book and banking, across all entities. In addition, maintain monthly balance sheet reconciliations and assist with the month-end/year-end reporting processes, this includes supporting both internal and external audits.
You will support the Financial Accounting Manager in working towards month-end deadlines and support the decision-making process through good reporting for example, by providing transactional/ad-hoc information to Budget Managers.
- Be responsible for a key financial ledger along with peers e.g., Purchase /Income/Cash etc. and provide first line support to colleagues in managing the Ledgers.
- Assist in monitoring and maintaining accurate purchase orders within the Finance system including resolving invoice queries and supplier disputes.
- Process payments and expenses to ensure that they are accurately recorded and paid through BACS.
- Be responsible for the day-to-day cash and cheque banking including posting to the ledger and reconciliations.
- Reconciliation of income (c£30m) to the Charity's CRM/ fundraising database to ensure accurate receipt and reporting.
- Assist with the quarterly VAT return.
- Produce reconciliations for your responsible area. These reconciliations will facilitate the charity's reporting mechanisms and support the decision making process.
- Support the year-end statutory reporting process including dealing with auditor requests.
- Improve financial processes by striving to innovate wherever possible utilising digital technologies and other techniques to drive efficiencies.
- Experience of managing financial ledgers, double entry bookkeeping and understanding of how the chart of accounts operates.
- Experience of working in a financial accounting team with a good working knowledge of accounting principles and a basic understanding of VAT for charities
- A good understanding of using accounting packages and other databases e.g., Open Accounts, Finance Central, Raiser's Edge (CRM)
- Excellent numerical, analytical and problem-solving skills with hands-on experience in Excel and G Suite.
- Experience of dealing with Senior Management and building rapport with external stakeholders and colleagues.
- Studying towards an accounting qualification.
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring the representation of people from all backgrounds regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply and would encourage you to let us know if there are steps, we can take to ensure that your recruitment process enables you to present yourself in a way that makes you comfortable.