Audit, Accounts and Tax Manager or Assistant Manager
£50,000 - £60,000 + Generous Benefit Package
- Are you ACA/ACCA qualified with 1st time passes, or one resit?
- Do you have experience of working in a UK based accountancy practice, managing both people and ideally having managed a portfolio?
- Do you have experience with working with entrepreneurial businesses and large corporate clients?
I am working with an impressive Top 20 accountancy practice based in Essex, who are seeking an Audit, Accounts and Tax Manager, with experience across audit, accounts and tax. Their Romford office is one of their largest, being spread over two floors and located within walking distance from the local train station. This makes this practice easily accessible for both Essex and East London staff members. Due to the rapid growth of this practice, they are seeking high calibre candidates with the desire and ability to become a Partner in the future. They would ideally like to interview a Audit, Accounts and Tax Manager who has experience within a mid-tier practice with experience in accounts, audit and tax matters. With exciting plans for the coming year, there is no better time to join this flourishing practice.
This long-established and reputable practice has created a flexible and generous benefit package, including; -
- 25 days annual leave
- Option to Buy/Sell up to 5 days holidays
- Agile Working
- Private Healthcare
- Life cover (Death in service)
- Critical Illness cover
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Group Income Protection
- Pension Scheme
- Access to Dental
- Cycle to work
- Interest free Season ticket loan
- Salary reviews
- Access to Employee Assistance Programme
- Eye Tests
As an Audit, Accounts and Tax Manager your responsibilities will include but are not limited to; -
- Reporting directly to Partner
- Actively managing a portfolio of clients (starting at around £400k) - the portfolio will consist of a mix of Audit 30%, Accounts Prep 30%, Tax work 20% and 20% other business advisory services
- Cross sectors clients, sole traders, entrepreneurial businesses
- Software includes Caseware, Sage, Xero, CCH and Excel
- Planning of jobs and organising assignments to ensure the job is carried out in the most efficient way possible and that deadlines are met
- Actively participating in Business Development activities, with the objective of building on current client relationships and establishing new opportunities
- Taking responsibility for billing procedures and debt collection where appropriate and in liaison with client partner
The ideal Audit, Accounts and Tax Manager candidate will ideally; -
- Have UK accountancy practice experience
- Be ACA/ACCA qualified with 2 years' PQE
- Have good tax knowledge
- Have proven experience of managing a client portfolio
- Be experienced working in a professional services environment, managing both people and having managed a portfolio
I am looking for an ambitious Audit, Accounts and Tax Manager to join this growing team. Please get in touch for further details, interviews are taking place throughout the month, and this vacancy is urgent. Call me on 0207 269 6361 or email me on Abbigail.email@example.com.