Up to £121000 per annum + A wide range of other benefits
about 4 hours ago
03 April 2021
Case Examiner and Head of Case Examinations and Enquiries
£121200 plus a wide range of other benefits
- Are you a fully qualified (CCAB or equivalent) Accountant or Lawyer/Legal with experience in a technical environment with an excellent understanding of the regulatory framework's auditors, Accountants and Actuaries operate in?
- Do you have significant understanding of the responsibilities of accountants in business, auditors and directors?
- Do you have a good understanding of regulatory policy making?
If so, read on. An independent regulator who also sets the UK's Corporate Governance for the accountancy and actuarial sector, are seeking Case Examiners and Head of Case Examinations and enquiries
- Liaising with the Audit Firm Supervisors to determine whether an audit matter is appropriate for an active enquiry; closure with no action; resolution through Constructive Engagement; or merits investigation and should be referred to the Conduct Committee
- Conducting enquiries concerning others within the organisations remit as the decision maker for determining whether a matter should be closed with no action or merits investigation and should be referred to the Conduct Committee
- Overseeing the analysis of complaints in respect of accountants or actuaries (and potentially directors) being handled by the Case Examination & Enquiries (CEE) team
- Providing high quality reports and analysis to the Conduct Committee in relation to individual cases meriting investigation, and progress and outcomes on individual enquiries
- Leading, growing and managing the CEE team, including recruiting, retaining, and developing staff with suitable accounting, audit, and corporate experience
- Regular and effective liaison with professional bodies and other relevant regulators and law enforcement agencies, in particular the SFO, FCA, INSS and tPR
- Scoping and developing policies and procedures for the CEE team to accommodate the planned changes to the remit of the organisation
This is an exciting time to join this organisation as they transform into a new one with new powers and responsibilities.
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring representation of people from all backgrounds regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply and would encourage you to let us know if there are steps, we can take to ensure that your recruitment process enables you to present yourself in a way that makes you comfortable.
If you know anyone looking for a new role, your referral could earn you £250 Click here for more information
The Pro-Recruitment Group consists of five distinct brands: Pro-Tax, Pro-Legal, Pro-Finance, Pro-HR and Pro-Marketing. If you or anyone you know is looking to join our growing recruitment team, speak to us today. £250 is on offer for any referrals we successfully hire.