£80000.00 - £90000.00 per annum
4 months ago
Chief Operating Officer (COO): £80,000 - £90,000 + Benefits: London
For a small (but mighty) international NGO, we are recruiting a Chief Operating Officer. Reporting to the Executive Director (CEO), this pivotal new role will work as a trusted partner with the Global Leadership Team to establish the strategic direction and long-term sustainability of the organisation leading the Finance, Compliance, Project Support, Security, and IT functions. Following a huge growth phase, the COO will be a leader of change and will positively challenge the status quo, ensuring an agile response to external world change.
This role will suit someone with an exceptional track-record of driving transformation, organisational development, finance, HR, and IT across diverse locations for an international NGO and someone who is an inspiring and confident leader.
- Implementation of effective operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures across all regions, countries, and teams
- Drive positive change by identifying areas to adopt new effective internal processes
- Oversee strategic and operational planning and reporting processes
- Oversee Finance Director to ensure accounts are managed along with compliance and risk
- Oversee Projects and Finance Teams toe ensure contracts and due diligence are managed
- Coordinate with the Director of HR to oversee HR administration including Payroll
- Oversee provision of financial management information o Directors and Board
- Oversee global budgeting, KPI's and operational metrics
- Lead the delivery of an enterprise information security review and lead the provision of physical and operational security staff and partners
- Act as Company Secretary to ensure governance and compliance requirements are met
- Develop and implement culture of learning and development, working with the Communications Director to design and implement a first-class innovation strategy
- Substantial experience of senior management leadership ideally within the international NGO sector and familiar with the challenges linked with managing international offices
- Ability to initiate, improve and manage operational systems, particularly in a multi-donor, international programme
- Experience managing security, IT, HR, Finance functions
- Experience of strategic organisational policy development and implementation
- Strong financial management and governance experience
- Innovative, creative, driven and a confident leader
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring representation of people from all backgrounds regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply and would encourage you to let us know if there are steps, we can take to ensure that your recruitment process enables you to present yourself in a way that makes you comfortable.
If you know anyone looking for a new role, your referral could earn you £250 Click here for more information
The Pro-Recruitment Group consists of five distinct brands: Pro-Tax, Pro-Legal, Pro-Finance, Pro-HR and Pro-Marketing. If you or anyone you know is looking to join our growing recruitment team, speak to us today. £250 is on offer for any referrals we successfully hire.