£65000 - £70000 per annum + bonus & flexible working
16 days ago
05 November 2021
Corporate Tax Manager - Advisory - Hertfordshire
up to £70,000
Providing a full corporate tax service to a small client portfolio, reviewing tax returns and computations for the audit team.
Advise clients on eligibility of research and developments tax credits and prepare research and development reports to accompany tax computations.
Advisory projects such as restructures, share schemes and technical memorandums.
- Preparing and submitting accurate and technically correct corporation tax computations and returns ranging from owner management business to large groups that include UK branches.
- Reviewing tax computations prepared by the audit and accounts team prior to submission to HMRC
- Sending out computations and returns for client approval, and ensuring they are submitted on time
- Prepare and communicate quarterly instalments to clients
- Oversee the CT61 return process quarterly
- Ensuring client queries are responded to efficiently and supporting the audit and accounting team with their technical queries
- Ensure files are of an appropriate standard for QCR purposes
- Liaising with HMRC regarding corporate tax compliance checks including drafting HMRC responses to enquiries
- Oversee certificate of residence applications and ensure that treaty claims are correctly completed and authorised by HMRC
- Assist fellow team members and partners with tax advisory projects including EIS and SEIS advance assurance applications, HMRC clearance applications and share schemes such as the Enterprise Management Scheme
- Maintaining up to date technical knowledge and being responsible for your personal development
- Previous experience of corporate tax compliance services in a medium size practice with international client exposure preferable
- Broad experience of managing the financials on clients, and adjusting the approach to compliance work depending on the budget
- Significant experience of overseeing a client compliance cycle and ensuring deadlines are met on a timely basis
- Some experience of identifying opportunities for business development on tax clients and across other service lines
- Ideally proficient in CCH, Caseware and Microsoft Office including Excel
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a top accountancy practice based in Hertfordshire. They offer fantastic career progression and continuous development.
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring representation of people from all backgrounds regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply and would encourage you to let us know if there are steps, we can take to ensure that your recruitment process enables you to present yourself in a way that makes you comfortable.
If you know anyone looking for a new role, your referral could earn you £250 Click here for more information
The Pro-Recruitment Group consists of five distinct brands: Pro-Tax, Pro-Legal, Pro-Finance, Pro-HR and Pro-Marketing. If you or anyone you know is looking to join our growing recruitment team, speak to us today. £250 is on offer for any referrals we successfully hire.