Deputy Director, Operations & Finance (9 month maternity cover)
£75,000 - £85,000 pa
- Are you an experienced Operations Manager with Finance, HR, legal and compliance/risk experience?
- Do you have a proven track record in leadership within a think thank, government department or medium sized charity?
- Are you educated to degree level (ideally with a Masters)?
- Are you available immediately?
If so, a not for profit international "think tank" may be interested in speaking to you.
Your duties will include:
- Overseeing a divisional team (total 11) including 5 direct reports including Projects, HR, Communications, Operations and Finance.
- Directing all functional aspects of running the organisations operations including Financial Management, HR, Legal, Governance, Grants. Project Management, operations and security
- Driving organisational improvement, systems development and strategic growth
Your key responsibilities:
- Oversee an annual budget of c £5 million
- Oversee the organisations finances, including P & L and management of the finance function
- Prepare and report on quarterly financial statements for the board
- Oversee the completion of the annual audits
- Sage-guard the organisations financial security
- Direct and oversee the work of the Senior HR Manager
- Ensure the organisation complies with all relevant employment law
- Manage a network of consultants including recruitment
- Manage the UK visa and immigration licence
Governance and Compliance
- Support the CEO in Board Management, engagement and recruitment
- Respond to external inquiries in governance or operations from donors and regulators
- Lead the organisations response to any audits by any third parities
Office, operations and security
- Manage Operations in overseeing premises, security, it and day to day operations
- Direct, manage and approve capital improvements
- Lead risk management, business continuity and incident responses
- Manage and work closely with the Head of Project Operations to oversee all grants and project delivery
- Oversee innovations in systems and processes for grants and project management
- Manage and safeguard the organisations legal position
- Liaise with lawyers in the UK, US and Germany
- Review and sign-off all contracts
- Issue non-disclosure agreements
To be considered:
- You will be educated to degree level (ideally a Masters degree)
- Strong financial management skills and familiarity with Quickbooks
- Understanding of legal and governance requirements within the UK charity sector
- A strong operations leadership background including HR, risk, security, compliance, marketing and finance
- Accountancy qualification or part qualification
- Additional European foreign languages