Up to £55000.00 per annum + pro rata
about 1 month ago
Director of Finance and Governance - Part time - 30 hours
- Are you a fully qualified (CCAB) Accountant or equivalent?
- Do you have experience working with a charity in a senior level finance and governance role?
- Do you have experience of formal and regulatory audit and investigation?
If so, our client may be interested in talking to you. The organisation is a health charity and are seeking a Director of Finance and Governance to work 30 hours a week, to work very closely with the CEO, Trustees and senior stakeholders
As the Director of Finance and Governance your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Undertake relevant and expected duties ascribed to a Director of Finance in the charity sector, ensuring that the organisation acts within the law and fulfils its responsibilities.
- Monitor the financial performance of the organisation and the divisions within it, providing appropriate, timely and accurate information, advice and guidance.
- Ensure consideration is given to alternative business models available to the organisation to get best value for money and conduct regular reviews in line with changing circumstances.
- Ensure the organisation makes best use of its tangible assets and resources. Ensure effective controls are in place to monitor and regulate the use of any such assets and resources.
- Actively manage the reserves policy and resources to ensure the sustainability of the Charity.
- Working with the CEO, compile and submit an Annual Report and associated documentation.
- Prepare and present financial, risk, data or performance documentation required by the Board or subcommittee.
- Make recommendations to the Board, CEO and Leadership team to ensure they get best value from investments, reserves and restricted sums.
- Draft and maintain the Risk Register.
- Manage and support the Facilities Manager to ensure that the environments within which they operate are safe, secure
- Identify, mitigate and effectively manage risk within the front-line services and business functions. Oversee processes to identify, investigate and take appropriate action in response to incidents, near-miss events and other identified risks.
- Coordinate and manage internal assurance and governance processes including internal audit and compliance testing.
- Act as the primary point of contact for external professional advisors relevant to Governance, Assurance, Finance, Data Processing, Health & Safety and Risk Management matters.
- Manage and support the Quality Improvement Manager to monitor, record, manage and improve the quality and performance of our services and other work.
- Compile and maintain a 'dashboard' to monitor performance against and across KPI; supporting directors and managers to make improvements where required.
- Ensure the retention and processing of data is compliant with current legislation.
- Fulfil the role and requirements of Company Secretary, working closely with the Board
You will need:
· CCAB qualified (or equivalent) and member of a relevant professional body
· Extensive experience of working in a similar role in the Charity sector including strategic management
· Senior level management experience, including experience of Board Level Governance
· Charity Finance Law and best practice guidance
· Experience of leading and supporting teams to deliver
In return you will enjoy working for a charity that does some fantastic work to support the community in Leicestershire and as a Director of Finance and Governance, make a real contribution to the charities continued success in delivering their services.
Closing date for applications is the 31.12.2020
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring representation of people from all backgrounds regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply and would encourage you to let us know if there are steps, we can take to ensure that your recruitment process enables you to present yourself in a way that makes you comfortable.
If you know anyone looking for a new role, your referral could earn you £250 Click here for more information
The Pro-Recruitment Group consists of five distinct brands: Pro-Tax, Pro-Legal, Pro-Finance, Pro-HR and Pro-Marketing. If you or anyone you know is looking to join our growing recruitment team, speak to us today. £250 is on offer for any referrals we successfully hire.