£90000.00 - £98000.00 per annum
7 months ago
Director of Global Procurement: £90,000 - £98,000 + Benefits. London or Manchester
For a global organisation, we're recruiting a Director of Global Procurement. Reporting to the CFO, the Director of Global Procurement will lead the Global Procurement function by implementing a new structure and ways of working and will drive change and later the perception of Procurement across the organisation to create a professional and consistent commercial approach. The Director of Global Procurement will lead, give strategic direction and guidance for the management of 3rd party spend whilst leading on cutting edge procurement strategies across supply chain, process and infrastructure improvements.
- Develop and deliver Global Procurement Strategy, working with stakeholders globally
- Maintain a robust governance framework, ensuring procurement activities are fully integrated into services and business objectives
- Overall responsibility for procurement processes ensuring they are fit for purpose
- Build quality relationships, shape and direct cultural and process changes to achieve new target state for procurement
- Set out priorities for regional and category management teams
- Lead support and manage the Regional Heads of procurement and Global Category Managers
- Deliver tangible financial savings through value-add procurement, reporting benefits to CFO
- Influence the agreement of key strategic contracts to deliver value for money
- Galvanise cross functionally to ensure efficiency in all levels in the procurement process
- Inform, advise and influence the Executive and Management Boards, Regional and Country Directors and Regional Finance Directors on strategic and operational procurement matters
- Embed new ways of working with procurement
- Lead, manage and motivate a highly performing team of procurement professionals.
- Significant similar leadership experience in global procurement; MCIPS
- Highly developed technical procurement knowledge
- Excellent understanding of procurement systems and processes across the public and commercial sector
- Extensive experience of working globally across different cultures
- Leadership experience of a large and diverse procurement function
- Extensive experience of deploying category management processes and methodology
- Proven experience of achieving tangible benefits and cost savings
- Global travel forms part of this role so excellent understanding of complex international structures is essential.
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring representation of people from all backgrounds regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply and would encourage you to let us know if there are steps, we can take to ensure that your recruitment process enables you to present yourself in a way that makes you comfortable.
If you know anyone looking for a new role, your referral could earn you £250 Click here for more information
The Pro-Recruitment Group consists of five distinct brands: Pro-Tax, Pro-Legal, Pro-Finance, Pro-HR and Pro-Marketing. If you or anyone you know is looking to join our growing recruitment team, speak to us today. £250 is on offer for any referrals we successfully hire.