City Of Manchester, Greater Manchester
£80000.00 - £85000.00 per annum
9 months ago
Director of Global Procurement: £80,000 - £85,000 + Benefits, Manchester
For a global organisation, we're recruiting a Director of Global Procurement. Reporting to the CFO, the Director of Global Procurement will lead the Global Procurement function by implementing a new structure and ways of working and will drive change and later the perception of Procurement across the organisation to create a professional and consistent commercial approach. The Director of Global Procurement will lead, give strategic direction and guidance for the management of 3rd party spend whilst leading on cutting edge procurement strategies across supply chain, process and infrastructure improvements.
- Develop and deliver Global Procurement Strategy, working with stakeholders globally
- Maintain a robust governance framework, ensuring procurement activities are fully integrated into services and business objectives
- Overall responsibility for procurement processes ensuring they are fit for purpose
- Build quality relationships, shape and direct cultural and process changes to achieve new target state for procurement
- Set out priorities for regional and category management teams
- Lead support and manage the Regional Heads of procurement and Global Category Managers
- Influence the agreement of key strategic contracts to deliver value for money
- Galvanise cross functionally to ensure efficiency in all levels in the procurement process
- Inform, advise and influence the Executive and Management Boards, Regional and Country Directors and Regional Finance Directors on strategic and operational procurement matters
- Embed new ways of working with procurement
- Lead, manage and motivate a highly performing team of procurement professionals.
- Significant similar leadership experience in global procurement; MCIPS
- Highly developed technical procurement knowledge
- Excellent understanding of procurement systems and processes across the public and commercial sector
- Extensive experience of working globally across different cultures
- Leadership experience of a large and diverse procurement function
- Extensive experience of deploying category management processes and methodology
- Proven experience of achieving tangible benefits and cost savings
- Global travel forms part of this role so excellent understanding of complex international structures is essential.
Would you like £500 in high street vouchers?
Well, if you know any tax, legal, finance, HR or marketing candidates looking to move jobs please refer them to us and if we successfully find them a new job in the next 12 months we will send you £500 in high street vouchers of your choice.
As well as this we are looking to grow the Pro-Recruitment Group family and would be interested in any amazing Recruitment Consultants you think might like to work for us. £500 on offer for any referrals we successfully hire.