Employment Tax Manager - In-House Fintech
London - flexible working encouraged
Are you ACA/CTA qualified with sound experience of UK and overseas employment tax?
Are you interested to diversify your taxation remit beyond employment taxes alone?
Seeking a fast-paced working environment with a rapidly expanding fintech firm?
Your role: The Employment Tax Manager, In-House Fintech
The successful candidate will operate in a variety of key areas to this business, including stocks/shares & rewards, remote working, global mobility operations and expanding into new markets. With the rate of growth in this business, your role will continually involve challenges you have not faced before. With this said, it is crucial that you are both capable and eager to manage your own learning as project-based and continual.
Your specific responsibilities will include functional ownership for payroll and employment taxes on an internationally expanding and global scale. Across all jurisdictions, your role will ensure continued compliance with legislation and in this regard take ownership of the end-to-end process.
- Working closely with the rewards, shares and stocks team to oversee communications internally and externally are kept up to date
- Serve as an adaptable business partner for internal and external stakeholders. Key partners will include finance, tax, payroll and the outsourced advisors.
- Supporting and facilitating the preparation of 409A valuations
- Monitoring the short-term business visitors and supporting the preparation of returns
- Supporting the HR function in recognising and treating risks from international remote working arrangements.
- Timely preparation and submission of employment-related securities for various option plans
- Taking accountability for the taxation impact of stock initiatives. These will reflect those from any disqualifying events for EMI options, restructures, the formation of entities, legislative adaptions.
- Advising on the adaption of global mobility frameworks while ensuring risks are anticipated and managed effectively
- Preparation and submission of PSA, and managing oversight of P11D preparations
The successful candidate
- ACA/CTA qualified with the right to work in the UK without sponsorship requirements
- Solid and demonstrable expertise in the understanding of UK and international employment taxes
- A demonstrable ability or experience in working for organisations dealing with a challenging level of growth, alongside experience of developing innovative and multi-jurisdictional solutions
- Data-driven with a sleeves-up mentality and a real team orientation. You should be able to routinely communicate complex issues in a practical manner which you may not have encountered before.
- The self-motivation and autonomy to excel in an unstructured environment without needing to be continually instructed