City of London, London
£80000 - £100000 per annum + + benefits, bonuses & flexible working
almost 1 year ago
European Tax Manager, In-House financial services
£80,000-£100,000 + benefits, bonuses & flexibility
Are you CTA/ACA qualified with demonstrable and group tax accounting experience?
Seeking a broad role reporting into the head of tax, partnering with the wider business?
Do you have a demonstrable interest in the financial services and tech?
We are currently searching for an In-House European Tax Manager for a multinational financial services business, where technology is central to their operation. Reporting into the Head of Tax in the group function, you will collaborate with a commercially minded tax and finance team covering a broad range of issues on a pan-European scale. Your role will revolve around compliance oversight, advising local and international business units and liaising with the tax authorities to ensure the tax affairs remain both slick and transparent.
Specific responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Advising the various business units through researching adaptive legislations and partnering with advisers
- The optimisation of systems and governance procedures for tax risk management across Europe
- Assisting the preparation and reviewing various returns, including the income, VAT, PSA international tax and transfer pricing documentation.
- Assisting in the preparation and holding oversight for the tax accounting calculations for the Group Financial reporting purposes on a quarterly basis.
- Supervising and developing a tax accountant and partnering with both finance and operational staff
What the In-House European Tax Manager will need to succeed
- ACA and CTA fully qualified with demonstrable group tax accounting experience
- A great potential to partner with the business stakeholders, internal and external
- Data-driven and research-led mindset to address complex and quickly adapting issues
- Team oriented in nature, but resilient and able to push back to senior stakeholders where necessary to add commercial value