Birmingham, West Midlands
£22000.00 - £28000.00 per annum + competitive benefits package
3 months ago
External Affairs Executive, 12-Month Fixed Term Contract, Birmingham, £28,000
- Are you an external affairs professional with experience in supporting regional business plans?
- Do you have a background in growing membership?
- Would you like to work in a contract role for a well-known professional membership body?
I am working with a well-known professional membership body who are looking for an interim External Affairs Executive on a 12-month fixed term contract to be based in Birmingham and covering the Midlands. This role will be supporting the Regional Director in executing a business plan as well as regional plans for growing membership.
What's great about this organisation?
- UK recognised professional body
- Established and well-respected organisation
- Annual well-being allowance offering
- Generous pension scheme
- Gym membership discounts
- Death in service offering
In this role you will be responsible for…
- Supporting the Regional Director in executing a business plan as well as regional plans for growing membership
- Helping the Regional Director with executing high quality regional events including organising topics, speakers, venues, catering etc…
- Providing written and oral policy briefs for senior members if staff and senior members for media prospects
- Producing relevant draft articles and papers for publication
- Preparing KPI reports on events to monitor performance
You will be ideally suited for this role if you have…
- Previously worked in an external affairs role
- Experience in a regulated or membership environment - this would be very appealing but not essential
- A background in researching a creating briefs, reports, and press releases
- Good speech writing skills
- An understanding of government public policy making processes - this would be very desirable
- The ability to work occasionally outside "normal office hours" when necessary
- The ability to travel within the Midlands and with occasional further national travel
If you are interested in applying for this interim External Affairs Executive role, or in learning more, then please apply ASAP:
The closing date for applications is March 6th and interviews are being held on March 19th, in Birmingham.
Tel: 020 7269 6338
Would you like £500 in high street vouchers?
Well, if you know any tax, legal, finance, HR or marketing candidates looking to move jobs please refer them to us and if we successfully find them a new job in the next 12 months we will send you £500 in high street vouchers of your choice.
As well as this we are looking to grow the Pro-Recruitment Group family and would be interested in any amazing Recruitment Consultants you think might like to work for us. £500 on offer for any referrals we successfully hire.