Birmingham, West Midlands
£60000.00 - £70000.00 per annum
3 months ago
Finance Business Partner, Corporate Services: £60,000 - £70,000 + benefits: Birmingham
For a nationwide Government organisation based in Birmingham, we are recruiting a Finance Business Partner for the Corporate Services Directorate. Working within central finance, this role reports to the Head of Finance and provides financial support and critical analytical challenge to directorates including HR, IT, Finance, Procurement, Facilities to ensure the organisation achieves financial targets and delivers value for money within the budgets set by the comprehensive spending review.
- Responsible for looking after a portfolio of directorates (HR, IT, Finance, Procurement, Facilities) and the corporate expenditure in the monthly financial accounts
- Drive consistent month-end reporting and review of all Corporate Directorate (c£200M)
- Lead business planning and forecasting processes, providing guidance on planning principles and expectations
- Provide Workforce Actual costs and forecast information to inform programme estimates
- Challenge budget holders to achieve workforce objectives
- Supporting Corporate Directors in determining the appropriate disaggregation and delegations to Contracts
- Review financial endorsement of Change and Investments, provide assurance to Finance Director that reporting expenditure and contract payments are appropriate
- Work to NAO Audits as required; Liaise regularly with Corporate Directors, Procurement and Supply Chain, Business Managers, Finance Teams and Corporate Finance Teams
- CCAB qualified
- Experience in business planning, forecasting, business partnering and corporate finance
- Knowledge of Oracle accounting systems or other similar ERP systems
- Experience in working with Corporate Directors, budget holders, Business Managers, Head of HR, and wider Finance teams
- Ability to interpret financial information and determine IFRS treatment
- Ability to use Excel to analyse large and complex data sets and provide useful management information
- Experience in providing financial information to inform project decisions and cost, schedule, and quality consequences
Would you like £500 in high street vouchers?
Well, if you know any tax, legal, finance, HR or marketing candidates looking to move jobs please refer them to us and if we successfully find them a new job in the next 12 months we will send you £500 in high street vouchers of your choice.
As well as this we are looking to grow the Pro-Recruitment Group family and would be interested in any amazing Recruitment Consultants you think might like to work for us. £500 on offer for any referrals we successfully hire.