Birmingham, West Midlands
£60000.00 - £70000.00 per annum
8 months ago
Finance Business Partner - Land and Property £60,000 - £70,000 + benefits: Birmingham
For a nationwide Government organisation based in Birmingham, we're recruiting a Finance Business Partner for the Land and Property Team. This role will provide assurance and challenge to Area Delivery Managers and teams in terms of their project plan, value for money and corporate governance. This role will contribute to the strategic development of the organisation by defining and implementing accounting policies, financial systems, controls, processes, and reports, engaging with stakeholders across this £1bn+ budget area.
- Develop capacity of Accounting function to ensure robust resources meet statutory obligations and provide trusted centre of financial excellence to advise stakeholders
- Develop, implement, and monitor financial policies, operational procedures, and performance measures to assure integrity of financial data and financial information which complies with FReM and IFRS
- Manage production of Financial Statements and submission of financial information for Group consolidation
- Ensure internal and external financial reporting obligations are met; IFRS Accounting and NAO reporting
- Develop effective working relationships with key internal stakeholders positioning financial accounting as an advisory function that adds value and informs
- Financial reporting, monthly and year-end accounting including budget variance and Programme Board Pack review
- Funding and cash flow review and challenge against the Spending Review (SR); Cashflow reporting and forecasting
- Lead business planning and forecast processes, providing assurance to the Directors that data around cost management is robust
- Liaise with Construction Supply Chain Finance, Project Managers, Commercial Managers, Planning and Cost Managers and Project Engineers
- CCAB qualified with proven post-qualification experience
- Ability to interpret project information and determine IFRS treatment
- Experience in business planning, forecasting, business partnering and corporate finance
- Knowledge of Oracle accounting systems or other similar ERP systems
- Experience in working with Corporate Directors, budget holders, Business Managers, and wider Finance teams
- Ability to use Excel to analyse large and complex data sets and provide useful management information
- Experience in providing financial information to inform project decisions and cost, schedule, and quality consequences
Would you like £500 in high street vouchers?
Well, if you know any tax, legal, finance, HR or marketing candidates looking to move jobs please refer them to us and if we successfully find them a new job in the next 12 months we will send you £500 in high street vouchers of your choice.
As well as this we are looking to grow the Pro-Recruitment Group family and would be interested in any amazing Recruitment Consultants you think might like to work for us. £500 on offer for any referrals we successfully hire.