£100000.00 - £120000.00 per annum
7 months ago
Director of Finance: £100,000 - £120,000 pro rata (6-month FTC) London
For a global charity based in central London, we are recruiting a Director of Finance on an initial 6-month basis. Reporting to the CEO, the Director of Finance will provide strong financial management and control to the Group finances across UK, Ireland, USA, Europe and trading subsidiaries. The Finance Director will manage the financial planning, recording, reporting and control systems of the charity and subsidiaries to ensure financial sustainability. The Finance Director will indirectly manage a team of circa. 40 via several direct reports. This role will liaise with Trustees and attend Trustee meetings as necessary.
- Support the CEO in enabling Trustees make informed decisions on finance matters
- Ensure short, medium and long-term income and expenditure forecasts are maintained and communicated to key stakeholders
- Ensure forecasts enable budget holders to see financial consequences of strategic plans
- Support all parties in annual budget process
- Ensure systems, including procurement procedures are in place to ensure budget holders spend the charity's money wisely
- Prepare the annual report and take responsibility for the annual audit of the charity in the UK and the associated charities globally
- Commission internal audit services
- Champion financial probity across the charity
- Manage foreign exchange and ensure the charity fulfils its obligations to HMRC in respect of VAT, Gift Aid, Corporation Tax and Capital Gains Tax
- Act as lead contact with banks and investment managers
- Work with the Marketing Director to reforecast and help the CEO and Trustees ensure that overall fundraising investment is set at the appropriate level to provide required income
- Manage and support the Head of Finance in the day to day operation of the Finance department and ensure the IT function is fit for purpose
- FCCA, ACA or equivalent
- Senior leadership experience in a UK registered charity ideally or Board level experience from a PLC with demonstrable interest in the charity sector and animal welfare
- Significant experience of managing a Finance team of 10+
- Experience of financial management of operations in the USA, Ireland and Europe
- Significant experience of leading and managing a finance function of a UK national charity with income over £20M
- Significant track record of managing a charity investment portfolio of at least £10M
Would you like £500 in high street vouchers?
Well, if you know any tax, legal, finance, HR or marketing candidates looking to move jobs please refer them to us and if we successfully find them a new job in the next 12 months we will send you £500 in high street vouchers of your choice.
As well as this we are looking to grow the Pro-Recruitment Group family and would be interested in any amazing Recruitment Consultants you think might like to work for us. £500 on offer for any referrals we successfully hire.