£200.00 - £220 per day
about 2 months ago
Finance Manager - 3 Months: £200 - 220 per day (Umbrella Co. Inside IR35): Glasgow
For a Governmental department, we are recruiting a Finance Manager to lead on the preparation, reporting and analysis of financial information including actuals, forecasts, and budgets to support and challenge budget holders in decision-making and control. This role will also lead on the month-end process and will supervise a small team of management accounting staff.
What you'll be doing:
- Planning, preparation, and delivery of month-end timetable as well as review of actuals, period-close and forecast
- Ensure management accounting team delivered data input for the finance system to be robust
- Lead on variance analysis in-month and update the risks/opportunities tracker
- Oversee journal postings (accruals, prepayments, payroll, capital, and recharges)
- Maintain Chart of Accounts (cost centres and account codes) and journal templates
- Contribute to annual budgeting and planning and budget consolidation and reconciliation
- Advise on workforce costing and compliance across Government
- Produce financial management information and reporting to stakeholders
- Report on trends and variances and offer recommendations
- Develop, coach, and supervise management accounting staff and build robust relationships with the Finance Business Partnering team
What you'll offer us:
- CCAB qualified or finalist level / part-qualified
- Track record of budget setting and month-end control
- Experience from the Civil Service would be ideal
- Experience of line management
- Experience of Sun Systems
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring representation of people from all backgrounds regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply and would encourage you to let us know if there are steps, we can take to ensure that your recruitment process enables you to present yourself in a way that makes you comfortable.
If you know anyone looking for a new role, your referral could earn you £250 Click here for more information
The Pro-Recruitment Group consists of five distinct brands: Pro-Tax, Pro-Legal, Pro-Finance, Pro-HR and Pro-Marketing. If you or anyone you know is looking to join our growing recruitment team, speak to us today. £250 is on offer for any referrals we successfully hire.