£200.00 - £220 per day
4 months ago
Finance and Procurement Manager | 6 months | £200 - £220 per day Umbrella | Kent / Hybrid
For a University in Kent, we're recruiting a temporary Finance and Procurement Manager for a large Faculty. The Finance and Procurement Manager will ensure budgets and accounting are reported to central management accounts regularly and will also manage the external visitors, examiners, and student HR contract process. The Finance and Procurement Manager will also oversee procurement of goods and services (including highly specialised equipment) for the Faculty. This role will be available on a hybrid working pattern.
- Ensure compliance to purchasing and invoicing regulations, managing the data between suppliers and the University.
- Manage the HR process for the Faculty, ensuring all external visitors, examiners and student contracts are compliant
- Manage the procurement of all good and service, ensuring all regulatory aspects to specialised equipment, laboratory items and IT are robust.
- Manage the financial data for the Faculty, working closely with centralised Management Accounts
- Lead the annual budgeting, forecasting and the implementation of phased budgeting
- Provide financial support, policy and procedures relating to payments, orders, invoicing and remittances
- Advise Students on their bench fee payments, as well as receiving and paying in fees for new starters
- Management of faculty student bursaries and scholarships funding
- Management of the ordering for the Faculty across all deliveries, and invoicing processes
- Experience of HE, University, Colleges or Schools would be great
- Experience of financial planning, budgeting, and forecasting
- Experience of ordering stock in a technical / scientific department would be great
- Experience of e-Procurement Ordering Systems
- Ideally a background in accounting or a professional qualification
- Excellent Excel and data management skills
- This role will be working from the Campus in Kent 3 days a week, with 2 at home.
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring representation of people from all backgrounds regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply and would encourage you to let us know if there are steps, we can take to ensure that your recruitment process enables you to present yourself in a way that makes you comfortable.
If you know anyone looking for a new role, your referral could earn you £250 Click here for more information
The Pro-Recruitment Group consists of five distinct brands: Pro-Tax, Pro-Legal, Pro-Finance, Pro-HR and Pro-Marketing. If you or anyone you know is looking to join our growing recruitment team, speak to us today. £250 is on offer for any referrals we successfully hire.