£44500.00 - £48000.00 per annum
5 months ago
Financial Accountant, up to £48,000 + Benefits (Maternity Cover) London
For a large membership organisation and professional body in the UK and internationally, we're recruiting a Financial Accountant to lead the management and financial accounting aspects of their charitable subsidiary foundation. This role is key in preparing their statutory accounts, management accounts, budgets and forecasting. The Financial Accountant will also work on wider Group entity accounts in reviewing monthly reconciliations, balance sheet accounts and all fixed asset registers. The Financial Accountant role will be for a period of 11 months to cover maternity leave and will manage one Assistant Financial Accountant.
- Develop and maintain year-end analysis and reports in accordance with statutory SORP
- Improve and develop financial business processes and financial reporting
- Review balance sheet reconciliations for all Group entities, performing reconciliations on high risk areas
- Manage year-end process for the foundation, ensuring all audit deliverables are hit and act as main contact for external auditors
- Contribute to the production of statutory accounts and year end and interim audits; Trade Union and Charity Commission returns
- Ensure all accounting records and VAT are compliant
- Manage the Group fixed asset registers including additions, disposals and depreciation
- Ensure year end timetables are communicated effectively
- Manage the foundation month-end process including first review and analysis of reconciliations; Working with the foundation to ensure financial reports reconcile; Management and review of all investment assets including income, gains and losses; Management and review of all reserve accounts
- Prepare monthly management reports, budgets and forecasts for the foundation; Develop management accounting including budgeting, forecasting and reporting
- Manage the Assistant Financial Accountant
- CCAB qualified with up to date knowledge of UK GAAP (FRS102) and SORP
- Excellent knowledge of VAT and experience of producing/ auditing SORP statutory accounts
- Experience in the full year-end process and of monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Experience of maintaining accurate and current fixed asset register
- Experience of monthly management accounts
- Experience of staff management
The deadline for CV applications is 15th April and interviews will be on the 27th and 28th of April (remotely due to Covid-19)
Would you like £500 in high street vouchers?
Well, if you know any tax, legal, finance, HR or marketing candidates looking to move jobs please refer them to us and if we successfully find them a new job in the next 12 months we will send you £500 in high street vouchers of your choice.
As well as this we are looking to grow the Pro-Recruitment Group family and would be interested in any amazing Recruitment Consultants you think might like to work for us. £500 on offer for any referrals we successfully hire.