South East London, London
£50000.00 - £55168.00 per annum
about 1 month ago
Financial Accountant | up to £55,000 + benefits | 6-month FTC
For a University in SE London, we are recruiting a Financial Accountant on a 6-month contract to play a key role in the cutover to Oracle Cloud. This role will migrate the historic General Ledger to the new finance system, fully reconciling the GL between systems as well as running data analytics on debtor balances, driving a new debt strategy, collating information for statutory returns, and leading the refresh of several policies and projects.
- Preparing, mapping, uploading and reconciling general ledger transactions as part of the data migration phase across all parent, subsidiary and consolidation adjustments
- Point of contact for all general ledger data migration queries
- Data analytics and trend analysis regarding debtors and historic collections
- Oversee the accuracy and completeness of data in the nominal ledgers and subsidiaries for period-close
- Assist with the statutory accounts' preparation for the parent company and subsidiaries
- Lead on several Finance projects across pensions, debt management, compliance, treasury management and long-term investment strategy
- CCAB Qualified Accountant
- Experience in finance systems migration and cutover processes as well as parallel runs
- Statutory financial statement preparation
- Strong experience of general ledgers and complicated chart of accounts
- Experience with system implementation, new system processes and training
- Oracle Cloud experience would be an asset!
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring the representation of people from all backgrounds regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply and would encourage you to let us know if there are steps, we can take to ensure that your recruitment process enables you to present yourself in a way that makes you comfortable.