£350.00 - £450 per day
6 months ago
Financial Controller - UK: £350 - £450 per day Umbrella Co (IR35 Inside scope) 6 months
For a global organisation, we are recruiting a Financial Controller to manage the UK financial accounting team responsible for UK financial compliance activities at month-end and year-end close. This is a key role which will drive significant organisational change as to the way the UK carries out transactional finance and cash management, monthly close processes, and financial compliance. The role maintains strong relationships with the SSC in India and will manage a team of accountants responsible for all UK transactional finance activity supporting the UK regions.
- Review transactional finance roles across UK including moving transactional activity to SSC
- Working closely with finance teams across month-end to ensure good cash flow management, accurate financial accounts, and management accounts for the UK
- Manage UK payment runs and the debt management process
- Manage and enhance monthly and year-end close processes to improve the quality of UK close while also speeding up the production accounting reports
- Ensure the UK trial balance and balance sheets are analysed and validated / reconciled monthly with a minimum of reconciling items
- Drive and ensure implementation of financial procedures, polices and systems
- Implement and report on audit recommendations
- Develop cash flow forecasting and management, FOREX reporting liaising with the central treasury team
- Advise Operations on technical accounting issues, liaising with Tax, Treasury and Group statutory Reporting
- Devise and implement KPIs for controls and compliance and identify process improvement opportunities to support the delivery of objectives
- Oversee the control and financial management of UK Fixed Assets and manage the provision of information to internal and externa auditors
- CCAB qualified accountant with experience of leading and motivating dispersed staff
- Experience of owning transactional accounting and Group Chart of Accounts
- Experience in directing global competence and effective year-end closing
- Experience in producing policy and guidance on the implementation of accounting standards
- Simplifying, improving processes for account reconciliations and month-end
- Experience leading on year-end closing for a large geographical region or globally
- SAP experience
- Experience of managing a diverse group of stakeholders globally
- Proven staff leadership experience, ideally remotely
- Ability to develop and propose accounting solutions to non-compliant reporting
- Experience of providing advice on process improvement
Would you like £500 in high street vouchers?
Well, if you know any tax, legal, finance, HR or marketing candidates looking to move jobs please refer them to us and if we successfully find them a new job in the next 12 months we will send you £500 in high street vouchers of your choice.
As well as this we are looking to grow the Pro-Recruitment Group family and would be interested in any amazing Recruitment Consultants you think might like to work for us. £500 on offer for any referrals we successfully hire.