£50000.00 - £55000.00 per annum
about 1 month ago
Financial Controller, Permanent: £50,000 - £55,000 + benefits
For an international NGO based in central London, we are recruiting a Financial Controller on a permanent basis. The Financial Controller will have direct management of 3 Finance Officer and matrix management of global finance staff in 10 countries. This role will lead the development and maintenance of financial control systems and compliance across London and global financial reporting. The Financial Controller will support the FD and senior managers with financial planning, budgeting, financial processing, and management accounting functions, supporting the country offices with technical support. The Financial Controller will also maintain effective systems controls, Donor reports and annual accounts.
- Responsible for the financial and management accounting system, cash flow forecast, maintenance of financial policies and procedures and compliance with statutory regulations and Donor contractual obligations
- Technical guidance, advice, and training to country finance managers
- Manage annual financial planning and forecasting; Lead financial performance management
- Lead, manage and motivate 3 Finance Officers
- Lead development and maintenance of strong control environment
- Manage Donor contracts from a finance perspective including negotiation of new proposals, contract terms and Donor reporting
- Manage London payroll, VAT and HMRC reporting
- Produce statutory accounts and manage audit
- Develop relationships with colleagues in country offices and London, focusing on building capacity in Sun Systems, Excel, Donor reporting and financial management
- Build a more robust finance business partnering outlook, inspiring confidence in the finance system and supporting Programme Managers
What will you bring to this role?
- CCAB qualified with strong SORP and year-end statutory reporting
- Experience from within an international NGO or multi-national non-profit
- Strong staff leadership and management experience
- Strong business partner and experience of working with finance and non-finance staff in local and overseas offices
- Excellent systems knowledge including implementations and developments. Sun Systems would be preferential
- Experience of donor contract negotiation and financial reporting
Would you like £500 in high street vouchers?
Well, if you know any tax, legal, finance, HR or marketing candidates looking to move jobs please refer them to us and if we successfully find them a new job in the next 12 months we will send you £500 in high street vouchers of your choice.
As well as this we are looking to grow the Pro-Recruitment Group family and would be interested in any amazing Recruitment Consultants you think might like to work for us. £500 on offer for any referrals we successfully hire.