Up to £85648.00 per annum + A wide range of other benefits
3 months ago
Forensic Accountant (Level 4) - London
- Are you a fully Qualified accountant with significant depth and breadth of experience and expertise in forensic investigation.
- Expertise in managing complex financial investigations involving high volumes of material. As well as significant expertise in investigating complex financial data.
- Do you have audit understanding and experience of the regulatory disciplinary process?
If so, read on.
Our Client is seeking an experienced Forensic Accountant to assist the Executive Counsel in investigating and prosecuting the most serious cases of accountancy and actuarial misconduct and breaches of relevant requirements for statutory audit in relation to matters that are in the public interest.
As a Forensic Accountant, your duties will include -
- Conducting forensic investigations into potential misconduct or breaches of relevant requirements from Accountants, actuaries, or Audit firms
- Manage investigations on behalf of Executive Counsel
- Support the Snr Forensic Accountant on the latest and most complex investigations
- Responsible for the allocation of case team resources; and the quality of work product from more junior members of the case team.
- Responsible for undertaking personally significant or complex areas of an investigation.
- Use expert forensic skills to determine the approach to the review and analysis of all material obtained including experience in the use of electronic search platforms.
- Responsible for preparing and conducting disciplinary interviews with subject partners and external lawyers. Interviewees are frequently amongst the most senior members of the profession, advised by leading law firms
- Liaise with the expert, case lawyer and external counsel in preparation of the Initial Investigation Report / Complaint. Responsible for ensuring that the results of the investigation and any expert opinions are clearly and accurately reflected in these documents.
- Responsible for agreeing and meeting deadlines for investigation work and working with the case lawyer to meet deadlines for the case.
- Working with the case lawyer in liaising with other regulators in sharing information.
- Identifying areas where processes and best practice for investigations can be improved and developed and working with Senior Forensic Accountants and Enforcement Division management in agreeing and implementing these.
To be considered for the role of Forensic Accountant, you will have the following -
- Qualified accountant with significant depth and breadth of experience and expertise in forensic investigation.
- Expertise in managing complex financial investigations involving high volumes of material.
- Significant expertise in investigating complex financial data.
- Skilled in planning and conducting technical interviews of senior individuals.
- Significant skill (written and oral) in communicating the results of investigation to a non-accounting audience.
- Solid understanding of the requirements of a regulatory disciplinary process.
- Understanding of audit.
In return you will enjoy working for an organisation that exists to protect the public interest, in a supportive, professional, and family-feel environment with a very healthy work/life balance. You will also work with experts within their fields. This is a very exciting time to join this organisation as they involve into a new body
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring representation of people from all backgrounds regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply and would encourage you to let us know if there are steps, we can take to ensure that your recruitment process enables you to present yourself in a way that makes you comfortable.
If you know anyone looking for a new role, your referral could earn you £250 Click here for more information
The Pro-Recruitment Group consists of five distinct brands: Pro-Tax, Pro-Legal, Pro-Finance, Pro-HR and Pro-Marketing. If you or anyone you know is looking to join our growing recruitment team, speak to us today. £250 is on offer for any referrals we successfully hire.