£80000.00 - £85000.00 per annum
5 months ago
Global Financial Controller: London. £81,000 + Bonus + Benefits
On behalf of a global healthcare charity and NGO, we are recruiting a Global Financial Controller. This pivotal role is part of the Senior Leadership Team and works closely with the CFO in delivering financial objectives, strategy, and development. Leading the Global Accounting Team of 25 staff, the Global Financial Controller has oversight of group financial reporting and consolidation, Donor finance business partnering, commercial accounting and bids, global management accounting and shared services, global financial control, and finance transformation.
- Provide leadership to the UK and Global finance functions and lead, manage, and motivate a team of 25 staff across 6 direct reports.
- Set the vision, strategy, and culture for the Global Accounting Team
- Responsible for the groups external financial reporting, internal financial policies, and the group's financial control framework across 80+ entities and 38+ countries
- Liaise with Regional Finance Directors and Country Finance Directors to ensure subsidiaries comply with group financial policy and reporting
- Manage strategic risk register; prepare and present risk reporting at Audit Committee
- Ensure monthly management accounts are robust and work with the Finance Systems Team to develop and implement fit for purpose financial systems globally.
- Oversee Global Support Office finance team including management accounting and shared services (including AP, AR, and Payroll)
- Oversee global intercompany accounts; Manage and optimise treasury management and group reserves
- Prepare and submit group statutory and donor reporting and prepare group financial reports
- Manage the audit process for the group statutory audit
- Business partner Donor Teams for proposal development and commercial bid processes
- Qualified Accountant with UK and US GAAP and FRS 102 exposure
- Experience as a Group Financial Controller in a multinational UK-based group
- Experience building finance functions, policies, procedures and systems during transformation and change
- Experience of working in an international donor-funded charity
- Extensive leadership experience and managing teams of 10+ across multiple finance functions
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring representation of people from all backgrounds regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply and would encourage you to let us know if there are steps, we can take to ensure that your recruitment process enables you to present yourself in a way that makes you comfortable.
If you know anyone looking for a new role, your referral could earn you £250 Click here for more information
The Pro-Recruitment Group consists of five distinct brands: Pro-Tax, Pro-Legal, Pro-Finance, Pro-HR and Pro-Marketing. If you or anyone you know is looking to join our growing recruitment team, speak to us today. £250 is on offer for any referrals we successfully hire.