Up to £49288.00 per annum + excellent benefits
22 days ago
01 August 2021
Full time - London (2 days a week, Remote 3 days a week)
A prestigious regulatory body are seeking a Governance Associate to join their team. This is an exciting time for the organisation as they evolve into a brand new organisation with new powers and responsibilities. This role provides an exciting opportunity to be part of the Secretariat, ensuring that the highest standards of governance are maintained.
The individual will provide high quality company secretariat and governance support and advice. The individual will be a highly motivated self-starter who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment in a role that has a broad governance remit.
The Governance Associate will report to the Operations Director and work closely with the Company Secretary. Providing high quality support to the Chair and board members and collaborating with Secretariat colleagues to establish and maintain robust governance arrangements. This will include:
- Providing general secretariat support, including arranging Board/ governance meetings, supporting the preparation and circulation of agenda/ papers and minute taking.
- Attending, and providing secretariat support, both private and publicly held.
- Ensuring effectiveness of the Board and its members, including through induction, on-going training and annual evaluations.
- Ensuring effective governance arrangements are in place and providing governance advice as necessary.
- Supporting Board appointments and on-boarding processes and succession planning.
- Supporting the preparation and submission of statutory reporting obligations
- Monitoring and supporting compliance with the governance framework, including the Terms of Reference, Memorandum of Understanding, Service Level Agreement, Due Process Handbook, Conflicts of Interest policy and GDPR. Ensuring appropriate records and disclosures, including publication of registers where applicable.
- Responsibilities may vary from time to time in line with business need.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have experience of providing high quality secretariat and general governance support.
- Have practical experience of applying the UK Corporate Governance Code and / or Public Sector Governance Code.
- Have experience of drafting governance processes and documentation.
- Be adaptable, flexible and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Have strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Have strong organisation skills and attention to detail.
- Have good levels of computer literacy.
- Have a relevant qualification, preferably Chartered Governance Institute.
In return the organisation promotes a very healthy work/life balance, and a very attractive benefits package. Remote working for 3 days a week and London office based for 2.
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring representation of people from all backgrounds regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply and would encourage you to let us know if there are steps, we can take to ensure that your recruitment process enables you to present yourself in a way that makes you comfortable.
If you know anyone looking for a new role, your referral could earn you £250 Click here for more information
The Pro-Recruitment Group consists of five distinct brands: Pro-Tax, Pro-Legal, Pro-Finance, Pro-HR and Pro-Marketing. If you or anyone you know is looking to join our growing recruitment team, speak to us today. £250 is on offer for any referrals we successfully hire.