Group Tax Manager - In-House, Insurance
Central London, flexible working encouraged
£95,000-£105,000 + up to 25% bonus & £8,000 car allowance
We have been instructed by a multinational insurance conglomerate to find a responsibility-seeking Group Direct Tax Manager. Working in a mid-sized tax team with a family feel, this person will take ownership of the corporate tax matters for the group, alongside supporting on wider issues.
A blend of compliance and advisory, this role entails planning to minimise tax exposures, streamlining processes to optimise efficiency and oversight for the risk management framework in tax. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Project management of group compliance requirements; including oversight and review of returns, submissions, payments and claims, alongside managing audits which arise
- Proactively improving the compliance process, raising and implementing opportune enhancements
- Forecast management and implementation of technology to optimise compliance processes
- Maintaining and sharing technical knowledge, staying abreast of legislative developments, advising on the impact of changes
- Managing the risk and reporting requirements of the group, maintaining the low risk appetite
- Working closely with the Head of Tax to advice on business transactions and projects, proactively planning and structuring efficiently
- Oversight of VAT and IPT for a subsidiary, ensuring returns are produced and submitted in a timely manner
- Advising on the optimisation of indirect tax processes, working closely with change management groups and SMEs for the implementation of change here
- Staff management for compliance and reporting juniors, between London and Europe, including coordination, upskilling and coaching
The successful CV:
- A breadth of tax experience, experience in oversight for each tax area mentioned, and prior experience in having prepared tax returns
- Expertise in tax accounting matters in UK GAAP/IFRS
- Financial Services experience essential, insurance experience highly advantageous, Lloyd's market experience a bonus
- ACA/CTA qualification strongly preferred
The successful interviewee:
- A first-class communicator
- Partnership-focused with a low tax risk appetite
- Ownership and autonomy seeking
- Solutions-led and improvement focused
Would you like £500 in high street vouchers?
Well, if you know any tax, legal, finance, HR or marketing candidates looking to move jobs please refer them to us and if we successfully find them a new job in the next 12 months we will send you £500 in high street vouchers of your choice.
As well as this we are looking to grow the Pro-Recruitment Group family and would be interested in any amazing Recruitment Consultants you think might like to work for us. £500 on offer for any referrals we successfully hire.