Role: HR Advisor
Salary: Up to £38,000
Contract: 12 month fixed-term contract
Reporting into: HR Partner
- Are you an experienced HR Generalist, able to deliver a high-quality HR Advisory service and pro-actively contribute to the implementation of the people strategy?
- Do you have a customer-centric approach and pride yourself on your day to day client relationship management and service delivery?
- Are you keen to work for a world-renowned research institute?
If yes, I want to speak with you!
I am delighted to be working with this world-renowned Research organisation. They are at the forefront of scientific research with a view to prevent and hopefully cure disease and illness for years to come.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work within dynamic HR team, as it offers a wide variety of HR Advisory responsibilities, as well as the opportunity to be part of one of the most significant UK bio-medical science projects in a generation.
Reporting to the HR Partners and working alongside the HR Advisors, you will support the team across a full range of generalist activities. Your work will help to deliver a proactive and flexible HR service by providing relevant and appropriate HR support to all employees and non-employees, whilst driving best practice and ensuring compliance with institute procedures, policies and employment legislation.
What's great about being an HR Advisor at this organisation?
- Opportunity to work for a world-class research institute
- Great Central London location
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- Competitive Salary
- A whole host of other great benefits
- Providing general HR support and advice to employees and managers. Working in partnership with the HR Services team.
- Dealing with all queries on maternity leave and other family-friendly policies, including meeting with individuals and providing support and advice before, during and after periods of leave.
- Organising and presenting staff induction.
- Monitoring and submitting monthly payroll actions to the HR Services team, including allowances and fixed-term contract end dates.
- Running MI reports from the HR system on a monthly basis and as required.
- Managing the fixed-term contract process, including issuing letters of notice and calculating redundancy payments.
- Project work to assist with the development of the HR policies and processes, as required.
- Providing employee relations support and advice for managers at all levels to ensure that all casework is managed in a fair and transparent manner. This will include absence management, disciplinaries, grievances, restructures and redundancies
- Maintaining appropriate levels of confidentiality at all times.
What do you need to succeed as a HR Advisor:
- Experience providing HR advice at an HR Advisor level
- Experience of providing advice and an end-to-end service on maternity leave and other family-friendly leave
- Excellent knowledge of UK employment law and HR policies and procedures
- Ability to balance high levels of accuracy with a high-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills to form effective working relationships with a diverse employee population
- Flexibility and adaptability to be successful in a changing environment
- A focus on delivery with excellent time management skills
- Ability to work under pressure in a busy, changing and complex environment
- Proven written, numerical, communication and verbal skills
Qualifications, experience and competencies:
- Previous experience working in a research academic environment
- Experience working with CoreHR database
- CIPD qualified or working towards CIPD qualification
What do current staff think:
'Great facilities, great people and a great cause!" - Current Employee
Interviews to take place immediately! Apply now to be considered for this opportunity.
ProTax is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.