£35000 - £38000 per annum
Loren von Sternberg
18 days ago
10 December 2020
Role: HR Advisor - Employee Relations
Salary: Up to £38,000
Contract: 12 month fixed-term contract
Reporting into: HR Partner
- Are you an experienced HR Generalist, able to deliver a high-quality HR Advisory service and pro-actively contribute to the implementation of the people strategy?
- Do you have a customer-centric approach and pride yourself on your day to day client relationship management and service delivery?
- Do you possess strong ER experience?
- Are you keen to work for a world-renowned research institute?
If yes, I want to speak with you!
I am delighted to be working with this world-renowned Research organisation. They are at the forefront of scientific research with a view to prevent and hopefully cure disease and illness for years to come.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work within dynamic HR team, as it offers a wide variety of HR Advisory responsibilities, as well as the opportunity to be part of one of the most significant UK bio-medical science projects in a generation.
Reporting to the HR Partners and working alongside the HR Advisors, you will be an ER specialist and focus on day-to-day casework. Your work will help to deliver a proactive and flexible HR service by providing relevant and appropriate HR support to all employees and non-employees, whilst driving best practice and ensuring compliance with institute procedures, policies and employment legislation.
What's great about being an HR Advisor at this organisation?
- Opportunity to work for a world-class research institute
- Great Central London location
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- Competitive Salary
- A whole host of other great benefits
- Providing general HR support and advice to employees and managers. Working in partnership with the HR Services team.
- Dealing with all queries on maternity leave and other family-friendly policies, including meeting with individuals and providing support and advice before, during and after periods of leave.
- Organising and presenting staff induction.
- Monitoring and submitting monthly payroll actions to the HR Services team, including allowances and fixed-term contract end dates.
- Running MI reports from the HR system on a monthly basis and as required.
- Managing the fixed-term contract process, including issuing letters of notice and calculating redundancy payments.
- Project work to assist with the development of the HR policies and processes, as required.
- Providing employee relations support and advice for managers at all levels to ensure that all casework is managed in a fair and transparent manner. This will include absence management, disciplinaries, grievances, restructures and redundancies
- Maintaining appropriate levels of confidentiality at all times.
What do you need to succeed as a HR Advisor:
- Experience providing HR advice at an HR Advisor level
- Experience of providing advice and an end-to-end service on maternity leave and other family-friendly leave
- Strong experience of providing HR support in running ER cases, in particular absence management
- Excellent knowledge of UK employment law and HR policies and procedures
- Ability to balance high levels of accuracy with a high-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills to form effective working relationships with a diverse employee population
- Flexibility and adaptability to be successful in a changing environment
- A focus on delivery with excellent time management skills
- Ability to work under pressure in a busy, changing and complex environment
- Proven written, numerical, communication and verbal skills
Qualifications, experience and competencies:
- Previous experience working in a research academic environment
- Experience working with CoreHR database
- CIPD qualified or working towards CIPD qualification
What do current staff think:
'Great facilities, great people and a great cause!" - Current Employee
Interviews to take place immediately! Apply now to be considered for this opportunity.
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring representation of people from all backgrounds regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply and would encourage you to let us know if there are steps, we can take to ensure that your recruitment process enables you to present yourself in a way that makes you comfortable.
If you know anyone looking for a new role, your referral could earn you £250 Click here for more information
The Pro-Recruitment Group consists of five distinct brands: Pro-Tax, Pro-Legal, Pro-Finance, Pro-HR and Pro-Marketing. If you or anyone you know is looking to join our growing recruitment team, speak to us today. £250 is on offer for any referrals we successfully hire.