Job Title: HR Officer - temporary to permanent
Working for a very well established organisation with global operations, our client is looking for HR Officer to help them shape the future of the HR function for the wider business
Reporting to the HR Business Partner, the HR Officer will be providing professional advice to managers and employees in respect of employee relations, conditions of service and company procedures. We are looking for an HR professional who is happy to get 'stuck in' and who has the autonomy to become a trusted advisor to your stakeholders across multiple business units. You will be responsible for undertaking a variety of HR related tasks that span a number of areas, as well as managing your own HR project work and providing input into others, such as company induction.
You will have experience of working in a confidential environment and of being well organised and able to juggle work to meet competing deadlines, together with the know-how to support colleagues within the wider HR team. In return, you will have the opportunity to work within a great team and be fully supported in your learning and development journey.
To be successful in this role, you will possess:
- The ability to demonstrate knowledge and awareness of operating within a generalist HR function.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Working knowledge and understanding of employment law, policies and procedures.
- The ability to plan, schedule and arrange own activities to accomplish objectives.
- A collaborative approach, effectively working with others to achieve team success.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to work well under pressure.
Your responsibilities will include but not be restricted to:
- Acting as the first point of contact for your client group, providing an efficient and professional HR service
- Proactively supporting the HR Business Partner to deliver HR calendar activities and support HR initiatives; change management programmes, HR projects, case management etc.
- Providing administrative advice to ensure best practice and adherence to legislation company policies
- Providing accurate and consistent advice and guidance to managers relating to employee relations issues; performance management and capability, absence management, disciplinary and grievance, changes to terms and conditions etc; escalating complex cases as appropriate to the HR Business Partner.
- Liaising with our Benefits Provider to ensure all paperwork and provisions are correct and up-to-date
- Supporting the management of formal cases, including sickness reviews, disciplinaries, grievances, performance management and flexible working requests.
- Supporting TUPE processes as appropriate, including preparing correspondence, due diligence completion etc.
- General HR administration, including but not limited to; delivering new starter inductions, creating contracts of employment, note taking, helping to manage the HR Support query inbox, assisting wider HR admin projects such as bonus letters et al
To be considered for this role, you will be part CIPD qualified or fully qualified with experience as a HR Officer previously