£45000.00 - £50000.00 per annum
5 months ago
We have an exciting opportunity for a passionate and experienced finance professional to join an organisation, whose main focus is to look after the vulnerable and disadvantaged.
As the Head of Finance you will be responsible for accurate and timely accounting and financial reporting and the day-to-day management of the finance team. You will also contribute to the overall management and strategic development of the business.
You will lead a small finance team and Business Unit, ensuring all financial information is produced accurately in line with Company deadlines and to help senior management in all aspects of financial strategy.
Key responsibilities include:
- Co-ordinate and review Management accounts and ensure that the transactions of the business are conducted in accordance with the relevant accounting standards, procedures and controls. Preparing financial statements attributable to cost centre/divisional managers.
- Preparation of annual budgets and quarterly forecasts inline with overall business strategy
- Analyse variances to budget/forecasts prior to submission of management accounts to relevant stakeholders
- Review balance sheet reconciliations and be able to identify potentials risks, ensuring business unit awareness on a monthly basis
- Responsible for the management, leadership, performance management, development and recruitment of any direct reports
- To be able to support both financial and business specific projects, providing relevant information to allow stakeholders to make proactive decisions.
- Take an active role in specific project initiation, planning, and execution.
- Any additional reasonable duties requested or delegated by your line manager
- Qualified Accountant
- Commercially astute, with exposure to business processes and an understanding of the relationship between operations and P&L
- Strong IT skills, particularly accounting systems and high level excel skills, including data manipulation and interrogation
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring representation of people from all backgrounds regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply and would encourage you to let us know if there are steps, we can take to ensure that your recruitment process enables you to present yourself in a way that makes you comfortable.
If you know anyone looking for a new role, your referral could earn you £250 Click here for more information
The Pro-Recruitment Group consists of five distinct brands: Pro-Tax, Pro-Legal, Pro-Finance, Pro-HR and Pro-Marketing. If you or anyone you know is looking to join our growing recruitment team, speak to us today. £250 is on offer for any referrals we successfully hire.