£50000 - £55000.00 per annum + pro rata
4 months ago
Part time Head of Finance and Operations (12-month FTC)
To £55,000 pro rota
- Are you a fully qualified CCAB Accountant (or equivalent)?
- Have you worked for a Charity or Public Sector body, and possess a good knowledge of SORP and charity finance?
- Have you worked in a senior finance role and overseen Operations including HR, Governance, and IT?
If so, read on
Our client raises the awareness of, and funds scientific research, for a cancer affecting women. Since their inception they have achieved dramatic progress and now look to continue this with next generation research and support.
This is a C London based charity, with all staff currently operating from home during this time of Covid19, with occasional Covid secure f2f meetings based in Central London.
The Head of Finance and Operations (Part time) is a key hire for the organisation. You will be part of the Senior Leadership Team (SLT) supporting the CEO and Trustees in the financial management and operations of the charity. As a key member of the SLT, you will play a key role in strategic and operational decision making and financial health and stability of the organisation
As the Head of Finance and Operations (Part-time) your key duties will include:
- Leading on all organisational budget planning and management, audit, compliance, human resources and infrastructure functions
- Review, streamline and automate the operations function to support the charity in its growth and future plans
- The financial planning, management, governance and reporting of the charity
- Responsibility for the IT strategy and delivery of IT provision
- Oversee the people strategy and HR function
- Ensuring good charity governance and compliance
- Strategic and operation planning, support and oversight.
You will need:
- To be a fully qualified CCAB accountant (or equivalent)
- Strong technical accounting skills including financial and management reporting and a good knowledge of SORP
- Experience within a charity or public body in a senior role where you have delivered and monitored financial strategy and operations
- Corporate services/Operations management including HR, IT and governance
This is initially a 12-month FTC, although permanency may be offered after. In return you will enjoy working for an organisation that makes a real difference to lives and will support their tireless efforts to both raise awareness of and research to find a cure. You will join a well-established, passionate, and supportive team and have the opportunity to ensure the charities continued success and be part of their continued growth with your strong financial and operations management experience. Ideally you will be available to work 4 days a week although flexibility can be offered for the right candidate to accommodate other working patterns.
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring representation of people from all backgrounds regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply and would encourage you to let us know if there are steps, we can take to ensure that your recruitment process enables you to present yourself in a way that makes you comfortable.
If you know anyone looking for a new role, your referral could earn you £250 Click here for more information
The Pro-Recruitment Group consists of five distinct brands: Pro-Tax, Pro-Legal, Pro-Finance, Pro-HR and Pro-Marketing. If you or anyone you know is looking to join our growing recruitment team, speak to us today. £250 is on offer for any referrals we successfully hire.