We are recruiting for an interim/paternity leave cover Head of IT and Data to provide business continuity and improvement over an initial 3 - month term. It is anticipated that this cover will be for the period July to September 2019. This is working for a charity in Hammersmith.
The incumbent Head is the Head of CRM and he has spent the majority of their time implementing the charities new CRM system, ThankQ. This is now live and in use across the charity having been implemented in a relatively smooth fashion. There continues to be user training and education as the system beds in. This is mainly provided by the Data Manager who reports into this role.
They are at a point where they need to shift their focus towards their existing IT systems and work practices and the control mechanisms in place in the IT environment, including controls over data.
The charity relies mainly upon the following systems - Microsoft 365, ThankQ and Quickbooks. They currently have an in - house server that hosts local files and our telephone system, and we are supported by an external IT company. There is no specific IT function or specialism in house.
Last year they engaged and external firm of consultants ahead of the "go live" date for GDPR and are in the process of re-engaging with them to strengthen that work and reviewing where they are a year on.
In addition, they are in the process of selecting a firm of IT consultants to provide a comprehensive review of our IT environment including controls and security as well as ways of working.
Key Tasks of Role
- To lead the review with both of the above consulting firms, which will require a very good understanding of IT environments (hardware to some extent, but most definitely operating systems and software).
- To provide senior level project management to bring together the above consultants and their recommendations.
- To provide informed input into the reviews to be performed by the consulting firms.
- To support the Data Manager in the absence of the Head of CRM.
- To ensure that the existing CRM system remains stable throughout the assignment.
- To prepare the operational plan to deliver the recommendations arising out of the consulting firms work.
- To begin the delivery of those recommendations into the charity.