Up to £92112.00 per annum
25 days ago
05 December 2021
Audit Inspector - IT
London/60% home working
- Do you hold a professional qualification in either accountancy or IT audit (ACA, ACCA, CISA or equivalent).
- Do you have significant experience in the IT related elements of financial statement audits of listed and other public interest entities and/or significant experience in the scoping, development and use of IT data analytic tools
- Do you have strong technical auditing skills and a demonstrable interest in audit quality
If so, a regulatory body may be interested in talking to you.
The role provides an insight into how the major firms operate and how they are responding to current issues in the profession and changes in regulatory requirements. Successful candidates will also have the satisfaction of being able to influence the practices and procedures of the major audit firms to enhance quality. The successful candidate will:
- Conduct audit file reviews. IT audit inspectors work in collaboration with audit inspectors, leading the IT related aspects of audit file reviews across a range of market sectors with complex business processes.
- Conduct inspections of firm-wide procedures at the major audit firms as required.
Significant experience in IT audit in the context of the external audit profession is required.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A professional qualification in either accountancy or IT audit (ACA, ACCA, CISA or equivalent).
- Significant experience in the IT related elements of financial statement audits of listed and other public interest entities and/or significant experience in the scoping, development and use of IT data analytic tools
- Strong technical auditing skills.
- A demonstrable interest in audit quality.
- Ability to understand and assess significant volumes of information quickly and through this identify aspects of potential audit quality concern.
- Ability to build constructive and professional relationships with senior audit team and audit firm personnel.
- Ability to challenge the judgements made and quality of work performed by audit teams, and to present and discuss issues arising on their merits in a calm and professional manner.
- Strong written and oral communication skills including report drafting, presenting findings accurately and fairly.
In return, you will enjoy working with in a "family feel" culture, with a very strong work/life balance. Excellent benefits are offered as well as structured career progression
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring representation of people from all backgrounds regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply and would encourage you to let us know if there are steps, we can take to ensure that your recruitment process enables you to present yourself in a way that makes you comfortable.
If you know anyone looking for a new role, your referral could earn you £250 Click here for more information
The Pro-Recruitment Group consists of five distinct brands: Pro-Tax, Pro-Legal, Pro-Finance, Pro-HR and Pro-Marketing. If you or anyone you know is looking to join our growing recruitment team, speak to us today. £250 is on offer for any referrals we successfully hire.