7 months ago
Assistant Group Tax Manager - In-House
£50,000 - £60,000 - Nottingham
Ready to make your first move in-house?
Looking for a broader role?
Want to work for a rapidly growing, successful business?
I am working with a leading manufacturer in the retail industry who are looking for a 4th team member to join their collaborative tax team. This is the perfect opportunity for a corporate tax professional to add to their skillset and work for a forward-thinking business who are always creating and looking for ways to improve.
Why this company?
- Competitive salary
- FTSE 250 listed business doing very well
- Excellent international scope
- Profit shares
- Staff discounts
- Subsidised restaurant and café
As Assistant Group Tax Manager you will be responsible for;
- Filing of corporate tax returns in over 20 countries, including US and Canada which has States and Provinces - UK returns are prepared in house. Overseas are prepared by advisers with our help and review
- Preparing tax returns for direct and indirect taxes worldwide
- Getting a hold of our US tax position, registering us in States, dealing with notices, ensuring we file what we should file
- Contributing to improving systems and working on ad hoc projects including tax inspections that arise throughout the group.
- Advise on indirect taxes, for VAT returns and for the growing work of border crossing
What will you need to succeed?
- Corporate tax compliance and accounting knowledge gained from either an accountancy practice or in-house role
- ACA/ACCA qualification or equivalent
- You do not have to be an EU and US tax expert to begin, anwd you would soon begin picking up what's happening
- Drive and willingness to learn
What do employees say?
"Exciting and growing company that values its people as well as profits." - Current employee
"Passionate people throughout the company, many of whom celebrate your success as much as your own. Support is readily available for those who need it." - Former employee
This is not only a fantastic learning opportunity but a real chance to work for a company that is genuinely doing well, has a fantastic family feel culture and is rapidly growing and improving.
If you are interested in this role, apply today or contact me on the below for more information.
Phone: 0207 269 6319