City of London, London
£55000 - £65000 per annum + + bonuses & benefits
6 days ago
11 July 2021
In-House Assistant Tax Manager, Financial Services
City of London - remote working encouraged (2 days in the office)
£65,000 + bonus & benefits
A rapidly expanding financial services organisation is looking for a talented and newly (or soon to be) qualified Assistant Tax Manager.
This is a newly created role, purposed to support the increased international & UK tax demands in light of sustained business growth and M&A activity. Reporting into the Group Head of Tax and working closely with two experienced tax managers, the successful candidate will be involved with a breadth of direct tax compliance and advisory matters.
This makes an ideal opportunity for the newly (or soon to be) qualified tax advisor, likely coming from a top professional practice and holding an interest in both the financial services and broadening their technical remit.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Supporting with tax reporting and UK tax return compliance (some preparations work)
- Review of overseas tax charges
- Supporting in the preparation of transfer pricing reports and country-by-country reporting
- Supporting on tax structuring in M&A work
- Working with outsourced advisors on outsourced compliance matters
- Supporting with tax forecasting, including tax input to the forecasts and budgets and explaining variances to key stakeholders
- Supporting on inbound inquiries from domestic and overseas tax authorities
- Ad-hoc support with VAT returns, preparation of tax journals, and operational/withholding tax matters
Candidates invited to interview will demonstrate the following:
- Newly ACA/CTA qualified (or nearing completion)
- Demonstrable experience and specialism in UK corporate taxation is essential
- Prior oversight experience with IFRS/UK GAAP advantageous
- Experience of wider taxes a bonus point
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring representation of people from all backgrounds regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply and would encourage you to let us know if there are steps, we can take to ensure that your recruitment process enables you to present yourself in a way that makes you comfortable.
If you know anyone looking for a new role, your referral could earn you £250 Click here for more information
The Pro-Recruitment Group consists of five distinct brands: Pro-Tax, Pro-Legal, Pro-Finance, Pro-HR and Pro-Marketing. If you or anyone you know is looking to join our growing recruitment team, speak to us today. £250 is on offer for any referrals we successfully hire.