+ bonuses, benefits & flexibility
7 months ago
Assistant Tax Manager, In-House Financial Services
Bournemouth - flexible working encouraged, remote working available
Competitive salaries, bonuses & benefits
We are currently searching for a rapidly expanding and technology-led financial services organisation based near the coast. Far from a bland setup, you can expect a sociable team with regular team-wide events and incentives. As the result of sustained growth, the tax team (sitting within the wider finance function) are looking for a subsequent addition to support with a broad variety of matters, from corporate, indirect, employment taxation and more. Specific responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Working closely with 'heads of' to deliver and on ad-hoc advisory and compliance process improvement projects
- Provision of financial reporting, incorporating current and deferred liabilities for subsidiaries
- Establishing internal relations, working closely with overseas tax teams and external advisors to ensure transparent and efficient communications in the provision of advice and deliverables
- Involvement in ensuring transfer pricing compliance for domestic entities
- Direct tax computations on a biannual basis, utilising the in-house software
- Preparation and submission of returns (corporate and VAT) to the revenue
- Supporting the Head of Tax with the preparations and submissions for PSA where necessary
- Ensuring protocol and maintaining SAO processes
This role promises an ideal first step for a corporate-tax trained accountant from a Top 20 practice to make the transition in-house with a prosperous financial services organisation.
The successful CV
- ACA/CTA qualified from an in-house or professional practice background
- Strong working knowledge of either corporation tax or indirect tax (broad experience a bonus) and financial reporting (UK GAAP or IFRS)
- Experience within the financial services a bonus point
The successful interviewee
- Highly effective communicator, able to multi-task and deliver on time
- Autonomy and responsibility seeking with a growth/development-led mindset
- Team oriented, able to build internal and external networks to better the business
Would you like £500 in high street vouchers?
Well, if you know any tax, legal, finance, HR or marketing candidates looking to move jobs please refer them to us and if we successfully find them a new job in the next 12 months we will send you £500 in high street vouchers of your choice.
As well as this we are looking to grow the Pro-Recruitment Group family and would be interested in any amazing Recruitment Consultants you think might like to work for us. £500 on offer for any referrals we successfully hire.