City of London, London
£70000 - £75000 per annum + + 20% bonus, benefits & flexibility
5 days ago
11 November 2021
In-House Assistant Tax Manager, Insurance
City of London/remote working
£70,000-£75,000 + 20% bonus, benefits & flexibility
A leading insurance business is conducting a search for an ambitious Assistant Tax Manager, in-house. Reporting to the Senior Tax Manager for EMEA, the successful candidate will work with a close-knit direct tax team of 4, situated within a larger tax presence in London.
This position is initially purposed to support on fulfilling tax compliance and reporting requirements for the EMEA business. However, the tax leader's strategy for team development is to form both well-rounded skillsets (i.e., compliance & advisory) and progression plans for each team member. This position will therefore additionally support on transfer pricing matters, and an increasing degree of international taxes/advisory work.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Tax accounting & reporting (under US, UK & local GAAPs) & preparing tax reporting disclosure/tax provisions
- Collaborating with team members and Big 4 advisors, reviewing outsourced tax preparations
- Supporting the dedicated transfer pricing team member with documentation review and improvement
- Ad-hoc advisory/project support, working alongside the EMEA Senior Tax Manager and Head of Tax
- Contributing to ongoing process improvement in light of a wide-scale finance transformation initiative currently underway
- Keeping abreast of legislative developments in tax, monitoring business impact and contributing to tax policy, risk & controls
Given the size/background of the team and established nature of the tax function, this makes an excellent opportunity for the qualified tax adviser who is looking to solidify their compliance experience in-house, before taking an increasing advisory focus.
The successful candidate's CV:
- ACA/CTA qualification essential
- A grounding in UK corporate taxes
- Experience with tax accounting & reporting (US GAAP preferred), including experience current & deferred taxes
- Sector-specific insurance experience is not required - however prior FS experience, or experience within a complex, international and regulated business is preferred
- Prior in-house/secondment experience preferred
- French/Spanish language skills are a bonus point
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring representation of people from all backgrounds regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply and would encourage you to let us know if there are steps, we can take to ensure that your recruitment process enables you to present yourself in a way that makes you comfortable.
If you know anyone looking for a new role, your referral could earn you £250 Click here for more information
The Pro-Recruitment Group consists of five distinct brands: Pro-Tax, Pro-Legal, Pro-Finance, Pro-HR and Pro-Marketing. If you or anyone you know is looking to join our growing recruitment team, speak to us today. £250 is on offer for any referrals we successfully hire.