£60000 - £65000 per annum + + flexibility & bonuses
8 months ago
In-house Assistant Tax Manager - Insurance
Central London, flexible working encouraged
£65,000 + bonuses & benefits
Working within the EMEA tax team of a multinational insurance broker, this role will focus on the assistance of tax support to the EMEA region. Responsibilities will include:
- Working on Planning initiatives and cross-regional projects, including M&A and internal restructurings;
- Assisting with the provision of tax support to operational changes within the business operations of the entities;
- Reviewing the quarterly and annual Income Tax Reporting packages (ASC 740) in Onesource prepared by local finance and submitted to Tax in the US;
- Assisting local finance and external advisors in the completion of annual Transfer Pricing Compliance requirements for local countries;
- Providing support to external providers to ensure completion of local tax returns as required;
- Reviewing the quarterly and annual FIN 48 (ASC 740 -10) documentation to ensure timely and robust submission to Tax in the US;
- Maintaining an awareness of all significant tax changes which impact the region and working with the team and external advisors to proactively manage these changes;
- Providing assistance with corporate tax audits/transfer pricing audits in EMEA
- Collaborating with local finance and tax colleagues in the management of tax risk in EMEA.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant tax experience with CTA/ACA qualification
- Demonstrated knowledge of several tax systems outside the UK and strong transfer pricing knowledge.
- Aptitude for and experience with tax preparation / provision software.
- Great communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, manage diverse stakeholders.
- Collaborative working style.
- US GAAP experience would be beneficial