6 days ago
12 February 2022
In-House Corporate Tax Manager, Edinburgh
Market-leading remuneration package
Hybrid office/remote working pattern
A major, FTSE-listed business is looking to increase their tax team presence across the UK and has identified the need for an In-House Corporate Tax Manager.
Reporting into the divisional Tax Director, the Corporate Tax Manager will hold responsibility for managing tax compliance for a portfolio of entities within the group, supporting on projects, managing tax risk and applying technical & business knowledge to aid senior management decision-making.
While the core of this position revolves on ensuring tax compliance is complete and accurate, the successful candidate will take a coaching role for more junior members of the team and build trusted relationships to become a valued business partner. This will include influencing the business to seek tax advice at an early stage, ensuring that tax advice received is pragmatic and aligned with the business needs, leading small projects (or elements of large scale projects) e.g. business restructures and new customer propositions.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Managing the UK tax compliance process for a portfolio of entities within the group.
- Supporting the relationship with HMRC on said companies including managing correspondence and enquiries.
- Managing group-wide tax compliance requirements such as group relief, corporate interest restriction and country-by-country reporting.
- Supporting non-UK compliance work in jurisdictions where the group has operations or investments, including working with advisors where appropriate.
- Providing input into projects and support to the business on matters involving the above entities.
- Working with and supporting the development of junior and less experienced members of the team.
Overall, this makes a superb first or second move from practice for the qualified tax professional both proximal to Edinburgh/Glasgow and looking to take their career in-house with a large, reputable and continuously growing business.
The successful candidate
- ACA/CTA qualification
- Demonstrable experience within a corporate taxation focused role
- Likely bringing 3-5 years total experience within a 'large-corporates' tax environment, either in-house or within the professional services advising/auditing such corporates
- The right to work permanently within the UK is essential.
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring the representation of people from all backgrounds regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply and would encourage you to let us know if there are steps, we can take to ensure that your recruitment process enables you to present yourself in a way that makes you comfortable.