£85000 - £100000 per annum + + bonuses & benefits
6 days ago
12 February 2022
In-House EMEA Tax Manager, Financial Services
City of London - remote working encouraged
£85,000 - £100,000 + bonuses & benefits
A US-headed financial services business will be hiring an In-House EMEA Tax Manager in London. Reporting directly to the Regional Tax Director and managing a small team of qualified tax professionals, the successful candidate will take ownership of direct tax compliance and advisory issues across over 20 jurisdictions.
Key areas of responsibility include managing team members and outsourced advisors to deliver on tax compliance (supporting with preparation of more complex returns), tax audits and tax reporting for the region. This is a complex business undergoing significant change/tax transformation, and so a particular focus and area for value-add is the continuous optimisation of in-house processes and a (substantial) ad-hoc projects/advisory element.
This makes an excellent opportunity for the experienced Tax Manager and aspiring leader who is seeking increased responsibilities and a team to manage within a credible business. The successful candidate:
- ACA or CTA qualification
- Post-qualified experience in a corporate tax accounting & reporting focused position (working with both current and deferred taxes)
- Technical proficiency with IFRS and/or US GAAP
- UK corporate tax technical grounding; wider international exposure is advantageous (US & pan-European)
- Accustomed to operating within a regulated, complex and multinational corporate environment, likely within a top professional practice or in-house
- Any additional mainstream language skills considered a bonus
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring the representation of people from all backgrounds regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply and would encourage you to let us know if there are steps, we can take to ensure that your recruitment process enables you to present yourself in a way that makes you comfortable.