City of London, London
Up to £100000 per annum + + bonuses, benefits
3 months ago
In-House European Tax Manager, Financial Services
£100,000 + benefits, bonuses & flexibility
Central London - 2/3 days in the office
An established, internationally-headed and growing financial services business is looking to recruit an experienced European Tax Manager.
Reporting to the Regional Group Financial Controller, the successful candidate will build relationships with key stakeholders in finance, legal and commercial teams, alongside managing ongoing relations with HMRC, local tax authorities external tax advisors/auditors.
Responsibilities will centre on compliance oversight, advising local and international business units and ultimately establishing a best-in-class in-house tax function to reduce reliance on outsourcing. Some of what this breaks down into:
- Responsibility for corporation tax compliance across Europe (including CFC, Hybrid Mismatch and Corporate Interest Restriction rules)
- Management & oversight of indirect tax returns according to the PESM
- Management of quarterly and year-end current and deferred tax provisions
- Management of tax reporting & cash tax forecasting
- Preparation of group tax audit deliverables and timely responses to auditor queries
- Support with overseas expansion from a tax and commercial perspective
- Maintenance of risk assessments across the group
- Managing the group's response to tax authority enquiries
- Review and ongoing monitoring of the group's cross-border arrangements (transfer pricing, permanent establishments, overseas corporation tax)
- Dealing with day-to-day tax queries as they arise
- Proactive tax planning and keeping up to date with all relevant legislation
- ACA/CTA/ADIT qualification is essential
- Broad corporate tax compliance and advisory experience is essential.
- Experience with tax accounting/reporting, current and deferred taxes is essential.
- Indirect tax experience is preferred.
- In-house prior financial services experience preferred.
- Likely experienced working with multinational groups/a top 10 professional practice.
- The right to work permanently in the UK is essential.
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring representation of people from all backgrounds regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply and would encourage you to let us know if there are steps, we can take to ensure that your recruitment process enables you to present yourself in a way that makes you comfortable.
If you know anyone looking for a new role, your referral could earn you £250 Click here for more information
The Pro-Recruitment Group consists of five distinct brands: Pro-Tax, Pro-Legal, Pro-Finance, Pro-HR and Pro-Marketing. If you or anyone you know is looking to join our growing recruitment team, speak to us today. £250 is on offer for any referrals we successfully hire.