City of London, London
£80000 - £90000 per annum + + 30% bonus, benefits
4 months ago
Group Tax Manager, In-House Financial Services
£75,000-£90,000 + 30% bonuses & benefits
Central London, remote working encouraged
Part-time requests considered for experienced candidates
An established financial services organisation are searching for an In-House Group Tax Manager to oversee tax compliance for UK operations. Reporting to the Head of Tax, the successful candidate will work closely alongside the International Tax Director and hold oversight for the UK corporate, indirect and employment tax compliance (with all preparations outsourced to the Big 4).
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced In-House Group Tax Manager seeking functional ownership, autonomy and flexibility/work-life balance. Specific responsibilities will include:
Management of tax outsourcing (approx 60% of role)
- Obtaining and transmitting to the Big 4 all data required for all returns (Corporation tax, VAT and PSA).
- Dealing with Big 4 queries through the return preparation/review process.
- Undertaking the first technical review of the drafts returns prepared by the Big 4.
- Conducting annual review of the outsourcing arrangement, ensuring that SLAs are met, and returns are completed to a high quality.
Tax Compliance (approx 40% of role)
* Instructing Finance on all tax payments that need to be made to HMRC, and providing Finance with cost centre breakdowns of VAT and PSA returns for internal cost accounting.
* Preparing group relief documentation, Corporate interest restriction workings and any other claims and elections required to support HMRC returns, or be submitted to HMRC.
* Preparing all required documentation to support the Senior Accounting Officer certification process.
* Preparing elements (or perhaps substantial parts) of Published Tax Strategy, Country by Country report and Transfer Pricing Masterfile documents.
* Supporting directors with ongoing compliance with AEOI, IR35 and DAC 6 regimes.
* Supporting Head of Tax and directors on any other tax compliance work that arises and which falls within the responsibilities of the London based tax team.
* Monitor emerging developments in UK tax compliance requirements and provide timely technical updates to the wider team and other stakeholders e.g. finance, payroll
* Preparing for Finance the tax charge, notes and disclosures for UK financial statements.
* Providing input into Group reporting processes in respect of central UK entities.
The successful candidate
- CTA qualification essential
- Experience of managing relationships with HMRC and outsourced Big 4 advisors
- Experienced in managing UK tax compliance for corporate, indirect and employment tax matters
- Likely from an in-house financial services background
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring representation of people from all backgrounds regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply and would encourage you to let us know if there are steps, we can take to ensure that your recruitment process enables you to present yourself in a way that makes you comfortable.
If you know anyone looking for a new role, your referral could earn you £250 Click here for more information
The Pro-Recruitment Group consists of five distinct brands: Pro-Tax, Pro-Legal, Pro-Finance, Pro-HR and Pro-Marketing. If you or anyone you know is looking to join our growing recruitment team, speak to us today. £250 is on offer for any referrals we successfully hire.