City of London, London
£75000 - £85000 per annum + + bonuses & benefits
4 months ago
In-House Indirect Tax Manager, Financial Services
City of London - remote working available
£80,000 + 20% bonus & benefits
A leading financial services business with a brand name is recruiting an In-house Indirect Tax Manager. With the indirect tax returns being completed by the finance team, the scope of this position is advisory-led, while holding oversight (i.e., review) of VAT compliance matters.
Reporting to the Senior Indirect Tax Manager and collaborating with a mid-sized team (all with roots in the Big 4), this makes an ideal first step in-house for the recently promoted VAT Manager, coming from a dedicated FS indirect tax team.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Oversight of group quarterly VAT return.
- Providing routine indirect tax support and advisory to business units (UK and international) on VAT matters, enquiries and international projects.
- Support the ongoing maintenance of indirect tax procedures and controls within the tax risk framework.
- Direct liaison with tax authorities for indirect tax related matters and enquiries.
- Spotting opportunities for continuous improvement within the indirect tax function, including supporting with ongoing tax governance/risk process design and implementation.
- Building an internal/external network to educate the business and influence on indirect tax interests on an industry level.
The successful candidate's CV should demonstrate:
- CTA qualification
- Prior UK VAT advisory experience, ideally within a complex and regulated business
- Has reviewed indirect tax returns
- Prior experience working with a partially exempt business
- Prior financial services experience and the ability to grasp complex matters
- International VAT advisory experience is desirable, but not essential.
What the successful interviewee looks like:
- A technically competent advisor, who can provide a pragmatic approach to advising business units.
- Communication skills, including the ability to relay complex information to generalist finance and business stakeholders.
- Stakeholder management skills, including the ability to push back to senior parties where necessary.
- Ownership of continuous professional development and keenness to remain up to date with emerging legislative developments.
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring representation of people from all backgrounds regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply and would encourage you to let us know if there are steps, we can take to ensure that your recruitment process enables you to present yourself in a way that makes you comfortable.
If you know anyone looking for a new role, your referral could earn you £250 Click here for more information
The Pro-Recruitment Group consists of five distinct brands: Pro-Tax, Pro-Legal, Pro-Finance, Pro-HR and Pro-Marketing. If you or anyone you know is looking to join our growing recruitment team, speak to us today. £250 is on offer for any referrals we successfully hire.