Birmingham, West Midlands
27 days ago
19 January 2022
In-House Operational Tax Manager - life/pensions
A leading financial services business is looking to increase their tax team presence across the UK and has identified the need for an in-house Operational Tax Manager.
This opportunity is positioned to contribute to the organisation's compliance with operational tax regulatory obligations, and, to provide assurance and oversight on operational tax matters managed by outsourced partners and the business by leading on enquiries, checks, and audit activities. Some more specific aspects of the successful applicant's responsibilities will include:
- Undertaking risk assessments, maintain local tax risk universes, consider Solvency provisioning, and make recommendations to mitigate risks.
- Owning, supporting & overseeing the resolution of risk events and incidents and where appropriate support the disclosures to tax authorities.
- Delivering on & overseeing operational tax returns (e.g. PIRAS, AFT, CEC, CRS, FATCA), including associated reconciliation. Ensuring appropriate validation of returns is completed.
- Providing technical tax advice to business functions
- Maintaining tax data MI (e.g. PAYE), undertaking data analytics and trend analysis, and undertaking work to improve the assurance and oversight model
- Supporting the management of relationships with tax authorities and responding to routine tax authority enquiries on tax matters.
- Building, maintaining, and influencing business areas
- Maintaining knowledge of operational tax across multiple tax jurisdictions (UK, Ireland) and international reporting (CRS, FATCA)
- Working within regulatory deadlines set by tax authorities and representative industry bodies.
The successful applicant's CV:
- Technical knowledge of pensions products/services
- Any experience of operational tax & associated risk management/reporting is advantageous
- Formal qualifications are not a pre-requisite, though any relevant entry qualifications (e.g. CII or IMC) would be an advantage
- Technologically astute, preferably accustomed to utilising a variety of in-house platforms
- The right to work permanently within the UK is essential
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring the representation of people from all backgrounds regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply and would encourage you to let us know if there are steps, we can take to ensure that your recruitment process enables you to present yourself in a way that makes you comfortable.