City of London, London
+ bonuses & benefits
17 days ago
30 October 2021
In-House Head of Tax, Insurance
Leading salary + competitive bonuses & benefits
London - flexible/remote working supported
A specialty insurer will shortly be appointing an In-House Head of Tax. Reporting to the UK CFO, this position will hold responsibility for the full spectrum of tax matters, globally, leading a team split between the UK, US and further overseas territories.
Responsibilities will include:
- Ongoing relational management with local tax authorities and outsourced advisors/auditors
- Ongoing management of international tax affairs and group transfer pricing arrangements
- Tax planning and management of strategic initiatives likely to impact the business from a tax perspective (e.g. BEPS 2.0, IFRS17)
- Ongoing tax governance (SAO, CCO), risk management, process improvement, and policy implementation
- Providing ongoing tax advice to the business in light of acquisitions and corporate investments
Candidates who can demonstrate the following will be considered:
- ACA/CTA qualification essential.
- Substantial PQE within insurance essential, likely with a Lloyd's market focus.
- Confident across the full spectrum of relevant taxes - particularly corporate & international tax, with wider indirect (partial exemptions, IPT) and operational tax experience advantageous.
- Technically able in tax accounting and reporting (IFRS/UK/US GAAPs).
- A UK tax expert by background, fully proficient with current and deferred taxes.
- Further exposure to US and operational taxes is desirable.
This will make an excellent leadership opportunity, likely to suit either an experienced Director from a specialist insurance tax team within the Big 4, or a regional Head of Tax/Tax Director already in-house within the industry.
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring representation of people from all backgrounds regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply and would encourage you to let us know if there are steps, we can take to ensure that your recruitment process enables you to present yourself in a way that makes you comfortable.
If you know anyone looking for a new role, your referral could earn you £250 Click here for more information
The Pro-Recruitment Group consists of five distinct brands: Pro-Tax, Pro-Legal, Pro-Finance, Pro-HR and Pro-Marketing. If you or anyone you know is looking to join our growing recruitment team, speak to us today. £250 is on offer for any referrals we successfully hire.