£80000 - £90000 per annum + + 20% bonus & benefits
about 1 month ago
17 October 2021
In-House Tax Manager - Financial Services
Surrey/London - happy to talk remote working
£80,000 - £90,000 + 20% bonus, benefits & flexibility
A widely known financial services brand is seeking an In-House Tax Manager to manage a breadth of tax compliance and advisory matters for the group. Reporting directly to senior finance stakeholders, this position sits within a small and collaborative tax team, integrated closely with the wider finance function.
The successful candidate's immediate role will be split across corporate, international and indirect taxes (including governance & reporting) - necessitating an all-rounded business partner. All compliance is outsourced to the Big 4, leaving oversight and advisory-focused responsibilities with an international (UK, Europe & US) remit.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Calculation and management of corporation tax quarterly instalment payments, CIR and related tax debt obligations.
- Management and optimisation of R&D credits and capital allowance tax deductions.
- Oversight of (UK) VAT returns and compliance requirements. Embedding a new PESM.
- Management of routine tax reporting, covering both current & deferred taxes. Lead the cash tax forecasting process.
- Manage the Group's relationship with HMRC on all tax matters, including coordinating SAO.
- Support on tax aspects of the Group's expansion overseas.
- Working closely with the International Tax Manager on matters such as managing TP arrangements, reducing tax risk (UK and group-wide).
- Acting as the in-house SME on all taxes, partnering with financial and commercial stakeholders to support decision making.
- Leading on tax affairs related to the upcoming IPO/sale, including vendor due diligence.
- More generally, decrease dependency on outsourced advisory spend and develop initiatives to reduce cash taxes paid.
This makes a wonderful opportunity for the experienced Tax Manager who is looking to take their in-house career to the next level with senior exposure, autonomy and ownership of tax projects.
What the successful candidate will demonstrate:
- ACA/CTA qualification
- Broad corporate tax background
- Wider exposure to indirect taxes
- Experience with tax accounting/reporting
- Experience dealing with tax authorities
- Experience operating at a managerial level
Some of the following would be an additional bonus:
- International tax advisory/transfer pricing experience
- Prior in-house/secondment experience with visibility of end-to-end processes
- Prior experience within the financial services
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring representation of people from all backgrounds regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply and would encourage you to let us know if there are steps, we can take to ensure that your recruitment process enables you to present yourself in a way that makes you comfortable.
If you know anyone looking for a new role, your referral could earn you £250 Click here for more information
The Pro-Recruitment Group consists of five distinct brands: Pro-Tax, Pro-Legal, Pro-Finance, Pro-HR and Pro-Marketing. If you or anyone you know is looking to join our growing recruitment team, speak to us today. £250 is on offer for any referrals we successfully hire.