City of London, London
Up to £75000 per annum + + bonus, benefits & flexibility
23 days ago
26 January 2022
In-House Tax Manager, Financial Services (recently qualified)
City of London - remote working encouraged (2 days in the office)
£75,000 + bonus & benefits
An established and continuously expanding financial services business is looking for an ambitious and recently qualified tax professional, ready to move in-house at Tax Manager level.
This is a newly created role, purposed to support the increased international & UK tax demands in light of sustained business growth and M&A activity. Reporting into the UK Tax Director and working closely alongside an experienced tax manager, the successful candidate will hold a broad and corporate tax generalist role.
The position has a UK corporate tax compliance (oversight) emphasis, however a good level of tax advisory and an increasing level of international responsibility.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Supporting with tax reporting (IFRS) and tax return compliance (largely outsourced)
- Review of overseas tax charges
- Supporting in the preparation of transfer pricing reports and country-by-country reporting
- Supporting on tax structuring in M&A work
- Working with external advisors on outsourced compliance matters
- Supporting with tax forecasting, including tax input to the forecasts and budgets and explaining variances to key stakeholders
- Supporting on inbound inquiries from domestic and overseas tax authorities
- Ad-hoc support with VAT returns, preparation of tax journals, and operational/withholding tax matters
This makes an ideal opportunity for the recently qualified tax advisor from the Big 4 or a top 10 professional practice with holding an interest in both the financial services and broadening their technical remit.
Candidates invited to interview will demonstrate the following:
- Recently ACA/CTA qualified
- Demonstrable experience and specialism in UK corporate taxation is essential
- Prior oversight experience with IFRS/US GAAP advantageous
- Experience of wider taxes a bonus point but not essential
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring the representation of people from all backgrounds regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply and would encourage you to let us know if there are steps, we can take to ensure that your recruitment process enables you to present yourself in a way that makes you comfortable.